Question about school ranking (1 Viewer)

tea-party

HSC
Hi guys,
I know it is often discussed on whether school ranks affect one's results (ATAR).
However, i am still a bit confused after reading up on it.
I go to a school that was ranked in the 400s a few years ago based on HSC results. (i know, not great.) We've had people who have achieved 99+ (obviously not many). And the teachers often tell us that we have to work together, so i was wondering, if say for a subject there are 10 people who always do extremely well while all the other 50 people do pretty bad, how would this affect one's mark?

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Hi guys,
I know it is often discussed on whether school ranks affect one's results (ATAR).
However, i am still a bit confused after reading up on it.
I go to a school that was ranked in the 400s a few years ago based on HSC results. (i know, not great.) We've had people who have achieved 99+ (obviously not many). And the teachers often tell us that we have to work together, so i was wondering, if say for a subject there are 10 people who always do extremely well while all the other 50 people do pretty bad, how would this affect one's mark?

Thanks in advance guys! :)
it won't affect you if your rank is higher than 10.

tea-party

HSC
So far, some subjects top 5, others top 10.

So if try to be at the top of all my subjects, my crappy school rank won't affect it?

Last edited:

saberbladexx

HSC
So far, some subjects top 5, others top 10.

So if try to be at the top of all my subjects, my crapping school rank won't affect it?
Yes, aslong as the people above you do very well in the externals aswell.

tea-party

HSC
Thanks for the answers guys!

I'd also like to ask, what mark in english advanced or rank would i be looking at for a 95+ ATAR to be possible?

I find English difficult and it's one my lowest-ranked subject =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)