• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question about submajors (1 Viewer)

dindiqotu

HSC
Hey all!
I've just finished my first year (I started mid-year 2008) and I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts, Psychology Key Programme.
I want to sub-major in History, Politics and Philosophy, but when I go to MySR and choose it as a sub, it tells me it's a breach of the unit rules.
As I understand, I'm eligible to choose a submajor.

Is it too early/late for me to do this?
Will choosing a submajor mean I have to do more than 4 units per semester? I doubt this, but I thought I should check.
MySR tells me to check the handbook, but it's really not much help - my key programme says nothing about being ineligible to choose any subjects.

Sorry if it's a stupid question :p

Thanks!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Hey all!
I've just finished my first year (I started mid-year 2008) and I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts, Psychology Key Programme.
I want to sub-major in History, Politics and Philosophy, but when I go to MySR and choose it as a sub, it tells me it's a breach of the unit rules.
As I understand, I'm eligible to choose a submajor.

Is it too early/late for me to do this?
Will choosing a submajor mean I have to do more than 4 units per semester? I doubt this, but I thought I should check.
MySR tells me to check the handbook, but it's really not much help - my key programme says nothing about being ineligible to choose any subjects.

Sorry if it's a stupid question :p

Thanks!
It's not a stupid question, it is also a question I wish I knew about myself. I would ask the student centre or course coordinator on this one.

I don't have a elected submajor (and I don't know of any psych students who do have one, only humanities students) but I still do other arts subjects (in the Cultural and Social Analysis strand) as my electives regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)