Question About TAFE (1 Viewer)

Razzle-Dazz

HSC
Ok, so here is the story. I left a quater of the way through Year 12 thinking school wasn't for me, now I just think im such an idiot.
More to Point, I was wondering am I able to do TAFE and say if I do pass TAFE with flying colours am I able to proceed on to UNI?

... Or because I haven't finished year 12, do I have to repeat it?
... Or is there say anyother ways such as writing an essay or doing a 6 month course?

Thanks,
Darren.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
you can do it in tafe then go to uni people in my course have done it

Razzle-Dazz

HSC
Thanks for the for the answers, very helpful. :eek:

Although about the STAT, after I read your reply I went and researched it.
There were alot of negative/positive comments about it, even if it is basic
are the practice tests/questions 'enough' to understand it completely?

Was also hoping if anyone has done the STAT and could shed some light
on how difficult it actually is, because that would be awesome.

Having doubts that I won't be able to remember Vocabulary, old Maths equations etc,

Also was wondering can i pick my own TAFE course to complete then move on to UNI or does it have to be the subjects i didn't complete in year 12?

Last edited:

DTFM

HSC
Thanks for the for the answers, very helpful. :eek:

Although about the STAT, after I read your reply I went and researched it.
There were alot of negative/positive comments about it, even if it is basic
are the practice tests/questions 'enough' to understand it completely?

Was also hoping if anyone has done the STAT and could shed some light
on how difficult it actually is, because that would be awesome.

Having doubts that I won't be able to remember Vocabulary, old Maths equations etc,

Also was wondering can i pick my own TAFE course to complete then move on to UNI or does it have to be the subjects i didn't complete in year 12?
I took the STAT last year and it is stupidly easy; I think it was a three hour test, but you can finish it two. The practice test they give you should give you an idea of the difficulty of the questions. You don't need to know any maths equations, and while there are a few questions that are based on vocabulary, they are pretty basic terms (I think mine had a question on the meanings of 'altruistic' and 'pragmatic'). It is not something that requires any study at all.

Oxbridge

HSC
N/A
I am sure that the STAT Test requires you to be 21 years of age or over, so if you don't fall into this category you may need to either sit your HSC subjects again, or go to TAFE in order to gain entry to Uni. You may be able to sit a foundation course for entry to Uni, which I think is either 6 or 12 months, but again there may be a minimum age of 21 in order for you to undertake.

Check with your Tertiary Admission Centre in your (states) capital city, and good luck.

Razzle-Dazz

HSC
Well I went on the main website, Acer.com. I didn't see any
age restrictions, about TAFE and fast-tracking to unit,
I also didn't notice any age restrictions I guess the only
way would be to ring up and ask.

melodic_gal

HSC
Ok, so here is the story. I left a quater of the way through Year 12 thinking school wasn't for me, now I just think im such an idiot.
More to Point, I was wondering am I able to do TAFE and say if I do pass TAFE with flying colours am I able to proceed on to UNI?

... Or because I haven't finished year 12, do I have to repeat it?
... Or is there say anyother ways such as writing an essay or doing a 6 month course?

Thanks,
Darren.
it depends on what you want to study at university, most courses can be done with diploma or Cert IV at TAFE then you can bridge to university.
But I really recommend the Tertiary Preparation Certificate IV.. I did this at Ultimo TAFE its pretty good at this TAFE. Teachers whip you ready for university including essay writing etc.you can select subjects like e.g:English, Humanties, Maths, Science. A lot of people in my year who did this subject got into university this year.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Seriously, has no one heard of Open Uni's??? Real degrees from real uni's with no entry requirements: www.open.edu.au + pay for it later with FEE-HELP.

Lots of ppl do a couple of subjects with them and use that as entry to an on-campus place... nothing like doing uni work to prove you are capable of doing uni work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)