Question about the "Global Factors" operations strategy (1 Viewer)

hypr

HSC
Hi,

Was wondering whether "Global Factors" is a operations strategy in and of itself, or if the subheadings within the global factors syllabus dot-point (global sourcing, economies of scale, scanning and learning, research and development) were the strategies.

For example, if in the business report question they asked for operations strategies, would one of the headings be global factors or just one of the subheadings???

ty

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
The strategies would the global sourcing, economies of scale, scanning and learning, research and*development part of the syllabus dot points, whilst overall category would be considered "Global Factors" if that kind of makes sense?

hypr

HSC
Right, so if a business report asks for two strategies, I can use Global Sourcing and Economies of Scale since they're different strategies, just similarly related to global factors.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Right, so if a business report asks for two strategies, I can use Global Sourcing and Economies of Scale since they're different strategies, just similarly related to global factors.
Yes.

HoldingOn

HSC
Blit probably knows better than me but I would interpret that as requiring two distinct headings from Operations strategies; i.e. you would do global strategies and the four subpoints and then you would pick another like quality management and cover the three subpoints under that as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)