Question about trialz (1 Viewer)

Chikitita

HSC
Question about trialz - Please HELP

Okai i have a serious question so if people could respond ASAP it would be greatly appreciated .... Okai if one generally stuffs up ard in their trials, meaning one doesnt pass any subject except two does this automatically mean one will not get a UAI over 60 ..... and if one doesnt pass thier trial exams except for two and gets mid 70z for their HSC in every subject does that mean their okai and their UAI will be higher ...... please respond to this question quickly because its seriously killin me :confused:

Last edited:
trials are 30 - 40 percent of school assessment mark, so 30 percent of the 50 percent, and HSC test is 50 % of the entire thing plus scaling and all that. theres still plenty of time to get a better uai i think. the end HSC will basically determine it.

Captain pi

HSC
There is no simple answer, sorry.

However, I can say that your performance in the Trials will not automatically render you ineligible for a particular UAI.

I can also say that if you get HSC marks in the mid-70s, your UAI will be in the mid-60s (probably). However, you cannot judge what your HSC marks will be, precisely, by equating them to your Trial raw marks.

We would need more information to give you a UAI prediction; however, it is best to talk to your school's adviser as they would have a better idea as to the performance of the school and you.

Chikitita

HSC
hmmmm

Thanx a million, as u have figured i have completely stuffed up in my HSC Trialz n its really been stressin me out so thanx a lot .... ur answerz have somewhat put me at ease .... :)

hasterz

HSC
Captain pi said:
There is no simple answer, sorry.

I can also say that if you get HSC marks in the mid-70s, your UAI will be in the mid-60s (probably). However, you cannot judge what your HSC marks will be, precisely, by equating them to your Trial raw mark.
i dont think 60s..... most likely 80s if u get all mid band 4 (depends on your subjects obviously)

A l

HSC
N/A
Something that I have noticed throughout a lot of threads concnerning trial HSC exams is that many people fear they will fail the HSC altogether if they fail the trials. Here's what I have to say about this:
I think the trials are usually harder in content or are marked harder than the HSC. Remember the HSC is marked by the Board of Studies teachers and they aim to give as many marks as they can. There is a fixed standard and criteria for every question on the HSC paper and do not vary at all between schools or students.
However, in the trials, the teachers mark them within their school and therefore they can impose as difficult a standard of marking as they want. In my opinion this makes the name "trial exams" very misleading, because marking criteria can vary between schools and the word "trial" often makes students think that whatever they get in the trial exams, they will get in the actual HSC exam. Nonetheless, it is still rank that matters and remember it is how well you and your school perform in the actual HSC exam, that determines what kinds of marks each student will receive.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
very simply, the trials are not always as indication as to how you'll do in the actual HSC. This is how it works, if you do crap in school assessments and trials and get a average ranking, and do really really well in your actual HSC, you're trials and assessment n school marks will get well pulled up and your UAI will be better. BUT BUT BUT! if you do really really well in school assessments and trials and have really really mad rankings but in the actual hsc, you stuff up hard, then you're screwed. that's all there is to it, so basically, do damn damn well in the actual thing. everything else is just meant to scare you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)