Question about uni timetable/starting dates (1 Viewer)

Rennycoffee

HSC
Heres my timetable: http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6239/timteable.jpg

3 questions:

1. Do the dates underneath the Building/Floor/Room numbers refer to the start and the end dates of the course?
2a. (for example lets take the 9am Wednesday course 31267) If so, does that mean that I will go to 31267 from 3rd March to 14th of April, then NOT have to go to this course until 5th of May?
2b. (now lets take 4pm Friday course 31268) Would this also mean that, as the date listened for this course is 12/3-16/4, that this course will start running from the 2nd week, and will not exist in the first week?

Thanks for your help

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
The dates refer to when those classes are on. Your lecturers will give you more details on which days you have classes, which might be different to what's on your timetable.

You'll get a schedule of lectures and tutorials in your subject outlines. Just follow that.

And yeah, you wouldn't have the tutorial you have on Friday 4 pm in the first week (tutorials usually don't run in the first week)

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Heres my timetable: http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6239/timteable.jpg

3 questions:

1. Do the dates underneath the Building/Floor/Room numbers refer to the start and the end dates of the course?
2a. (for example lets take the 9am Wednesday course 31267) If so, does that mean that I will go to 31267 from 3rd March to 14th of April, then NOT have to go to this course until 5th of May?
2b. (now lets take 4pm Friday course 31268) Would this also mean that, as the date listened for this course is 12/3-16/4, that this course will start running from the 2nd week, and will not exist in the first week?

Thanks for your help
1. Sort of. Generally speaking, of course, the first date and the last date mark the first day for the class and the last respectively.
2a. Yes. That two week discrepancy is the combination of vice-chancellors week and no-teaching week, which (I believe) all students are given.
2b. As mentioned above, tutes rarely run in the first week (they're a week behind the lectures, so even if your tute falls before your lecture in the week, the lecture will still be fresh material).

Rennycoffee

HSC
Thanks guys for your responses. One more question:

The 31265 course (Monday 1-4pm) seems to go from 1st March to 8th March. Will this be replaced by another course soon or will I have Monday free starting from next week? If it will be replaced by another course would it be a lecture or tut? Thanks

Aeriff

HSC
Thanks guys for your responses. One more question:

The 31265 course (Monday 1-4pm) seems to go from 1st March to 8th March. Will this be replaced by another course soon or will I have Monday free starting from next week? If it will be replaced by another course would it be a lecture or tut? Thanks
It's replaced by a 3hr 'workshop' which could be at any time. Check mysubjects.uts.edu.au and look under your allocations for that subject for the times when the workshops run. Your timetable should be updated once you're put into a workshop.

Rennycoffee

HSC
It's replaced by a 3hr 'workshop' which could be at any time. Check mysubjects.uts.edu.au and look under your allocations for that subject for the times when the workshops run. Your timetable should be updated once you're put into a workshop.
By using the quotations are you hinting that it may be like a lecture (dont have to attend)? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)