Question about USYD enrollment procedures (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I was just wondering whether we have to choose our majors for commerce (liberal studies) when we enrol?

Halo

HSC
N/A
No, it is not necessary.

You implicitly select your major by the combination of units you do. That is, you will have your major on your testamur as long as you satisfy the requirements for the major, which usually is a particular combination of units as can be seen in the handbook.

HSC
for example...if you want to be a charted accountant, you will need to choose commerce law as your 2 electives (CLAW 1001/CLAW1002)
you only start your majors in 2nd year anyway...choosing your units leads up to your major.

EDIT: you select your units on the day of enrollment

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
No you start them first year in commerce (liberal studies) as you do not need to complete the prereq's.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
EDIT: you select your units on the day of enrollment
Gah. I dont know what to do.

I was thinking accounting and commercial law? Is this wise? Im lost.

Halo

HSC
N/A
As I recall, you get to pick your units on the day you enrol.

But you should be able to vary your enrolment (i.e. the units you have picked) through MyUni anytime up til the census date.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Check out the handbook for example course structures. It should give you a rough idea of how to structure your first yr program if you were thinking of doing certain majors. OF course, your idea of major often changes (from what the advisor told me) but it gives you a good idea of what to plan for first year at least.

Nelly_04

HSC
Heya! I'm doing commerce (liberal studies) too. I wasn't aware that we don't need to complete prereqs or that we do majors in first year :confused:
Anyone doing this course know how it all works?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
only one prereq which is 6cp. the rest is 2 commerce majors, at least 24 cp of arts subjects and at least 14cp of science. i think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)