Question about UTS Guaranteed entry scheme and bonus points (1 Viewer)

porleng

HSC
Hi, so I received my HSC results and after using various atar calculators, I'm getting a result between 75.35-75.9. I want to do B Business B Science in Information Technology which requires a guaranteed atar of 87. I've applied for EAS as I go to a disadvantaged school so I get 10 bonus points. Also I scored 78 (B4) in Advanced English which gives me an extra 2 bonus points via the Year 12 Bonus Scheme. So my total guaranteed atar is 87.35-87.9 and I will get into this course. Is this correct?

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Probably, the real atar needed to get into a course is most likely going to be lower than the 'guaranteed atar'. GL.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Not sure if its been changed recently but in the past guaranteed entry was not inclusive of bonus marks.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
You do have a chance of making it into your course but the cut-off may change, so be aware of that.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
the 10 eas bonus points and the 2 hsc marks bonus points is guarenteed, so you should be able to as uts allows up to 15 bonus points as long as the atar cut-off doesnt change drastically and the atar calculator is reliable, you will make it to the course.

porleng

HSC
My atar is 76.2 so my guaranteed atar is 88.2. Can the cut offs still change because the UTS Guaranteed-entry-scheme entry scheme website says "ATAR cut-offs for the 2014 intake"?

builder2818

HSC
I don't hope to crush anyone's hopes of going to university but I think this bonus points scheme is a joke. Does that mean when I got 92.35 in my HSC back in the day I could have gotten a chance to get up to 10 points and potentially done courses with cutt-off's of 99 at UNSW?

Universities should be setting ATAR's and not budging on what they set them at - you are scored in your HSC for a reason and that's to determine whether you are accepted into a place at university over other students because you have performed better.

I wanted to do Commerce at UNSW when I started uni last year and they didn't accept me. Sure I was pissed off but I got over it. Now they can go suck it that they won't get my money even though I can go anywhere I want with a GPA of 3.92 (damn IBP ruined my perfect record).

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I don't hope to crush anyone's hopes of going to university but I think this bonus points scheme is a joke. Does that mean when I got 92.35 in my HSC back in the day I could have gotten a chance to get up to 10 points and potentially done courses with cutt-off's of 99 at UNSW?

Universities should be setting ATAR's and not budging on what they set them at - you are scored in your HSC for a reason and that's to determine whether you are accepted into a place at university over other students because you have performed better.

I wanted to do Commerce at UNSW when I started uni last year and they didn't accept me. Sure I was pissed off but I got over it. Now they can go suck it that they won't get my money even though I can go anywhere I want with a GPA of 3.92 (damn IBP ruined my perfect record).
Well UNSW bonus points are way more stingy than UTS bonus points so probably not.

ATAR cut offs are determined by demand so it fluctuates, though usually not by big margin. This isn't really something the uni can control.

Yeah IBP is my only train wreck credit too :haha:

Dvillain

HSC
yeah you're in brosef, noiceeee

Cheering about that system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)