• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question about vaccancies (1 Viewer)

Skitzzor

HSC
Hey I was wondering if someone could tell me how many places are left in the Bachelor of Arts Ourimbah campus, 99 people have accepted their place so far and I have been unable to find out how many places are actually available. The cut off was 62.70 and mine was 60.3 (I suffered from some personal issues that stopped from me from studying) Would anyone be able to tell me if I've got a chance of actually getting in? If anyone could answer any of these questions it'd be much appreciated.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Hey I was wondering if someone could tell me how many places are left in the Bachelor of Arts Ourimbah campus, 99 people have accepted their place so far and I have been unable to find out how many places are actually available. The cut off was 62.70 and mine was 60.3 (I suffered from some personal issues that stopped from me from studying) Would anyone be able to tell me if I've got a chance of actually getting in? If anyone could answer any of these questions it'd be much appreciated.
Main round offers have been released already. There are a fair few places available for B.Arts Ourimbah, but I don't have the exact numbers.

Your best option would be to first contact the university to see where you stand with this years application for entry. Secondly, you should apply for NewStep and do that for this year, then as long as you've passed everything, you should have direct entry into the B.Arts.

NewStep Info: Newstep / English Language and Foundation Studies Centre / Research Centres / The University of Newcastle, Australia

EDIT: Closing date for NewStep is the 2nd February.

Last edited:

Skitzzor

HSC
Main round offers have been released already. There are a fair few places available for B.Arts Ourimbah, but I don't have the exact numbers.

Your best option would be to first contact the university to see where you stand with this years application for entry. Secondly, you should apply for NewStep and do that for this year, then as long as you've passed everything, you should have direct entry into the B.Arts.

NewStep Info: Newstep / English Language and Foundation Studies Centre / Research Centres / The University of Newcastle, Australia

EDIT: Closing date for NewStep is the 2nd February.
Thanks for that, I should've mentioned before I did get accepted into the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) course at ourimbah, although that was only there as I saw it as a way to get my foot in the door so to speak. If worst comes to worst then I'll transfer to a BA. I noticed the number of people who got offers to do a BA at the callaghn campus was 424 and still has vaccancies where as the BA at ourimbah campus is only 99 with vaccancies. I'm praying that they have the same amount of spaces available. Does anyone know if that would be correct or just a broad idea on how many spaces would be left at Ourimbah for a BA?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I really don't know, except that I highly doubt Ourimbah would take as many students as Callaghan. That's all I got, call the uni.

GeoffreyLeonard

HSC
N/A
lol...my UAI was 33.00 and i got in at callaghan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)