Question: Do we get marked down for doing two of Coleridge's "conversational" poems?? (1 Viewer)

AE86

HSC
I'm going to be writing about "This Lime Tree Bower, My Prison" and "Frost at Midnight" which are 2 conversational poems.

However, my friends say that we're a encouraged to do a conversational and a supernatural combination. Eg: Kubla Khan and Frost at midnight OR This Lime Tree Bower My Prison and The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

frazzle

HSC
hey, i was told that too, i was originally going to do the ones you wrote up there ["This Lime Tree Bower, My Prison" and "Frost at Midnight"], but i thought it be safer to lusten to the rumours *sigh* don't know how true they are though...

aud

HSC
AE86 said:
I'm going to be writing about "This Lime Tree Bower, My Prison" and "Frost at Midnight" which are 2 conversational poems.

However, my friends say that we're a encouraged to do a conversational and a supernatural combination. Eg: Kubla Khan and Frost at midnight OR This Lime Tree Bower My Prison and The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
What the... the markers aren't marking your choice of poems, they're marking how well you answer the question and how well you can demonstrate your brilliant knowledge of the concept of journeys...

You should do the poems that you're best at, that suit the question the best, and that you can get the most outcomes fulfilled with.

AE86

HSC
Well my content and quality of writing is horrible. I dont wanna be in a worse situation just because of choice of text

Anywayz, it's all cool.

Thanks

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
AE86 said:
Well my content and quality of writing is horrible. I dont wanna be in a worse situation just because of choice of text

Anywayz, it's all cool.

Thanks
I fully agree with you AE86! That old cliche "Better to be safe than sorry" - sometimes rings true....

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
u actually prolly shud do a "supernatural" and a "conversational"...heres wot u cud do- do kubla khan, lime + frost, throw in 2 related and one bos ,synthesise all that, and there u go

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
Seems to me that what they're looking for is a combination of contrasting styled texts that all tend to have some similarities through their demonstration of the imaginary journey. I don't know if that makes sense! Hehe Would I be right in saying that?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
It isnt as if they would shove your essay into the band 4 catagory automatically but its best to use a variety i.e one form each type.

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Meh.. why worry about it now? It's a bit too late to change if you ask me! I'm using Lime Tree Bower and Frost at Midnight, simply because i understand them! I hate Coleridge poetry and these 2 are the only ones i have a bit of a grasp of! (don't make fun of me!) lol.
I think as long as ur content is good, they can't mark you down...

eth

HSC
Just make sure you don't use the same techniques for both. As long as you look at then differently, you should be safe :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
NO WAY SHOULD YOU ONLY KNOW 2!!! i asked the advice line crew and they said know all four...
but if you guys are right and its ok to only do two (which im not doing) would it be better knowing two heaps well or know all four well but not as well

sarah_

you are only required to talk about 2 poems. you should perhaps know about 4 so you can choose the ones that are able to be best adapted to the question asked. knowing about the required amount (2) and covering them thoroughly will be more effective than referring to all 4 poems and covering them...not much.

Kallie Simol

I asked my teacher and she said, know TWO really well and know the other two well enough so that if the question specifically says 'using ONE perscribed text of your choosing and RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER'... then ur not in trouble, cause u didn't study that one....

Kimmi_R

you should know all 4 because they can ask specifically for one. and you can use 2 covo poems if it relates to the question. everyone is trying to get what they are going to do and say planned out in their had but keep forgetting you have to relate to the question which could be anything yet!! dont asume anything bout the quetions or ya could get caught out :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
no they are not going to ask for a specific poem, they will list all the poems at the bottom of the question...but do wot u want i dont care, know all 4 if u want, write 2 in detail coz u wont b able to write all 4 in detail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)