• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question for Lazarus who is an absolute legend (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Whilst I'm not Lazarus I'll comment anyway...
Imo, repeating the HSC doesn't count as tertiary study even though it's studied at a tertiary institution - the HSC examines content learnt during secondary school.
However, I may be wrong :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
seedorf said:
does tertiery study = HSC repeat at TAFE?
I'm afraid not. :)

You'd typically need to be studying some kind of diploma or certificate at TAFE (above and beyond the HSC).

seedorf

HSC
N/A
Another Question for Lazarus who is an absolute legend,

If i defer a year of uni and then decide to cancel it during the time of deferment do i incur HECS fees?

Thanks in Advance :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Nope... you won't attract HECS (now HECS-HELP) fees until you've actually enrolled in your courses.

alex_c86

HSC
hey, ive actually enrolled in my course at syd uni, and paid upfront the first semester fees, but now i cant decide whether i want to go to uni, or try to improve my uai by repeating a few subjects at tafe... is it still possible for me to defer my course and get my semester one fees refunded or is too late now?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
alex_c86 said:
hey, ive actually enrolled in my course at syd uni, and paid upfront the first semester fees, but now i cant decide whether i want to go to uni, or try to improve my uai by repeating a few subjects at tafe... is it still possible for me to defer my course and get my semester one fees refunded or is too late now?
You'd best contact the uni about this as soon as possible.

alex_c86

HSC
in case neone else is wondering... at sydney uni you can get anything refunded up until the 31st march (census date) but if you want to defer, it is up to the individual faculty to decide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)