• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question for piano players out there (1 Viewer)

dirtymidget

HSC
Does anyone know what AMEB level Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata is at? and also Debussy's Clair de Lune?

Thanks a heap.

szdg

Platinum Member
HSC
i played both of these before and this is all in my opinion: (plz tell me if im refering to the wrong piece)

Beethoven Op13 Pathetique Sonata

Actually depends on what movement are u going to play, which i presume if this is played in HSC, it wont be the whole sonata, so im going to do some sort of break down.

1st Movement - Grave, Allegro di molto e con brio
i would reckon this is a grade 6-7 piece (disregarding the length of piece), it is a pretty standard piece really coz in the allegro bit, there arnt much in it and it is not that difficult, personally i liked the second half of development (Bar137) and the Grave section(s)

2nd Movement - Adagio cantabile
A potential "make the marker go to sleep" piece if not performed correctly, but still i would reckon is about Grade 6

3rd Movement - Rondo
My fav in this movement, Grade 6 standard because of the simplicity of the structure, but with the right style of playing, this could be a very good piece.

Debussy - Suite bergamasque - Clair de lune

Grade 7-8 standard, a very expressionate piece, needs a lot of attention in playing the piece, learning it may be easy, but not playing it.

Tand'em

HSC
the last time i had a look at da syllabus:

Pathetique : 1st = 8th grade leisure syllabus
3rd = 7th grade normal syllabus

clair de lune = 7th grade leisure syllabus

hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)