Question for the ladies? (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

For those of you in relationships, do you still go out with your other male friends without your man being around?

It just pisses me off because since one of my best friends got a boyfriend she neevr seems to want to do anything with me anymore? :(

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
yeah when i was with a guy, i still saw my male friends all the time, without him around... unlike some guys who can get jealous and possessive about their girlfriends seeing guy or even girl friends, he didn't have a problem with it.

though it's understandable that when you first get into a relationship you want to spend as much time as possible with them and don't realise you're neglecting your friends... maybe have a chat with her and see what's up?

katy-g

HSC
Most definately. I go out with my ex-bf without the company of my boyfriend. He doesnt particularly like it or encourage it, but he trusts me completely and is more than happy for me to see male friends.

I mean, i look at it this way... he goes out on the weekends to drink and what not (i cant go cos im underage) and he sees female friends and also meets new girls who obviously crack onto him... I hate it. But i cant exactly do anything about it.

Im not his mother, nor is he my father.

I think it also helps that my boy meet my guy friends and has been out with them with me a few times and he knows they're a bunch of hoons, tough guys ;) and just pretty all round harmless. Sure they're occasionally slease bags and flirts but he knows where my interest lies.

It seems your friend is totally under the thumb of her new boy. She needs to put her foot down. Shes allowed to have a social life outside of her romantic relationship with him.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
im a very social person, and have a lot of male friends, i also go out every weekend and meet new friends of both sexes. my current boyfriend has no problem with this as he has a whole heap of female friends. i trust him, he trusts me. he doesnt mind if i go out with friends even if im the only female because he knows im always his at the end of the day (not that id cheat-thats not how i mean it).
with my ex however, we were together for two years, and one reason we broke up in the end was i had no social life. he never trusted me going out. i couldnt even go out with my girlfriends without him worrying that i was secretly meeting guys etc. i never gave him any reason not to trust me, he was just really insecure and jealous. because i loved him, and he said he didnt want me going out, i said ok. and maybe this is what your friend is doing. however she does need to break out and tell him that she needs to have friends aswell (both male and female friends), because they are a support network etc. everyone needs friends and our boyfriends and girlfriends need to see that or there is no future in the relationship.

olchik

HSC
I have bf , and I go out with my other male friends sometimes, not really often. My bf knows about it and doesn't see anything bad at it.. But it really depends on a person, sure..

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
i think when people get caught up with a new person they end up pushing friends to the side for a little while, whether their friends are male or female.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Friends are friends, regardless of their gender, and you should still be able to go out with them irrespective of whether you're with someone or not.

G

Gavvvvvin

vodkacrumble said:
i think when people get caught up with a new person they end up pushing friends to the side for a little while, whether their friends are male or female.
A little while? How longs a little while? I havent talked to her or seen her for almost two months now :(

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
People always seem to blame the guy for some reason. Ever since my best friend went out with her current bf, I haven't even been able to talk to her on the phone or hang out with her. She had completely isolated herself from all her friends and so i was convinced that her bf was some weird overprotective guy. When I finally met him, i realised it was her that had changed, I don't know how to say this, but her life seemed to just revolve around her new relationship and so she forgot all her friends.. so yea, my point is: its not always the "jealous" guy.

Lennie

I'm not allowed :p Well I am, but he gets pretty cut <3 Haha We're just as bad as each other.

shyr

HSC
yes. i still go out with my male friends. i try to hang out with my friends but as a group. i don't go out with a guy friend with only the two of us. it makes me uncomfortable since people might misinterpret it. and my boyfriend might be pissed seing me with another guy.

i guess you have to tell you friend that you felt bad since she doesn't hang out with you anymore. maybe she has her own reasons...communicate. the answer to your dilemma is from her alone..

HSC
N/A
oh yeah, they can. One of my gay friends was in a couple until just recently, now that you mention it!

Jaydels

HSC
When I first started going out with my bf, I stopped going out with male friends coz he'd get upset...and that included not going to my best friends (who is a male) 18th party. coz my bf and him don't get on. I also stopped going out with female friends to a certain extent coz he'd get jealous if he wasn't asked to come to. But now I go out with who I want and when i want, coz the relationships i have with my friends are just as important and if he can't deal with it then it's his problem.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I used to go out with my male friends when I was with my ex-boyfriend... but I would have rather of been with my ex-boyfriend...just I think he seemed to think I liked their company more then his, which is bull, he was just always to busy for me.... Any ways now I don't hang out with my guy friends and i got dumped soo yeah.. next time around I think I'll stay home on the nights when my bf can't see me...

fuck i have to get over my ex. Lol.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
my bf learnt to accept that I dO have guy friends.. and earned his trust in me. I always let him know who im with.

Honesty is the key.

Lainee

HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
For those of you in relationships, do you still go out with your other male friends without your man being around?

It just pisses me off because since one of my best friends got a boyfriend she neevr seems to want to do anything with me anymore? :(

Off-topic... but your avatar is completely hypnotising, and I'm not even gay. Boobs... so fluid, wobbly, jelly-like... it's so odd. ........ :eek:

bonamy

HSC
i would rather not have my bf go out with another girl, but i do trust him.

phatic

HSC
lol, my old mates' girlfriend did this a lot (to the point of being considered 'one of the boys'), but then she ended up cheating on him after getting a bit too drunk when he wasn't around. Hm...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
yes i do and my boyfriend goes out with his female friends as well. i have no problem with it and he shouldn't have one either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)