Question for those who do/done Distance Ed (1 Viewer)

Jonneeh

HSC
I was wondering what the contact hours of your distance ed teachers were. Like are they within the normal 9-3 school hours or are they available in after school hours.

Every time i call up, after school their answering machine tells me to leave a detailed message and they'll contact me as soon as possible. However i'm not sure whether the "as soon as possible" is the next day during school hours, where i would not be able to take the call since i'm at school.

Thank you for any help.

HSC
I contact my teacher mainly be email. If you can do that it is fairly easy to get into quick contact with ur teacher.
i've only rang my teacher twice in the 1 and a bit years he has been my teacher. Due to contact mainly being by email!!
I call my teacher during school time. just using the libraries phone. during school hours.

Jonneeh

HSC
I contact my teacher mainly be email. If you can do that it is fairly easy to get into quick contact with ur teacher.
i've only rang my teacher twice in the 1 and a bit years he has been my teacher. Due to contact mainly being by email!!
I call my teacher during school time. just using the libraries phone. during school hours.
What subject are you doing distance ed for? Im doing it for Maths Ext2

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Distance Ed teachers are still teachers employed by the Department of Education so their hours are the same as teachers who work elsewhere (at least that is what one friend on mine has told me and she has been teaching there for a number of years now).

The students at my school who have to ring do so during their free periods that would have normally been given to that subject and use the school's phones to make the call. They also use the email system quite a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)