QUESTION- Help (1 Viewer)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
How do you answer this question; I go this question in my chemistry practical titration:

1. How can you improve the accuracy and validity of your experiment? ( 3 marks)

I said, you need to make sure that you wash the glassware with the correct solution, eg. burette and pipette with the solution it will be transfering and conical flask with distilled water. This ensures high level of accuracy.

Then I said, make sure to keep the amount of solution added constant to ensure validity.

2. 'If you add too much titrat to the solution, would there this effect the final concentration being to high or too low'? (3 marks)

for this question, I wasn't sure but I said something using my knowledge.

what would you have to say to get full marks?

Hazballs

HSC
Q1:
Accuracy is how close the measurement is to the "true" value and what not and is best improved by using better equipment and identifying/removing possible sources of error ( not to sure what they would be as i don't do chem) and what factors influence the experiment and minimising them. E.g. using the pipette for transfering water as it is more accurate then a measuring cylinder.

Reliability is how consistent the results are across multiple attempts (results are the same every time you do it then higher reliability, results are always different then low reliability.) Improve it by repeating the experiment as much as you can (20-30 times say_

no idea for q2 as i don't do chem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)