Question in regards to Module B:Hamlet assessment task (1 Viewer)

llamafarma

HSC
Hey Guys,

So, our school has this weird tradition of doing transcripts for module B, which is what I unfortunately had to go through. With our assessment task, there was no set question...We were shown a video comparing two different interpretations on textual integrity, and we were simply told to continue the discussion. My question is that do you think I will lose marks for focusing only on of these interpretations of textual integrity? Any help would be sweet :smile:

buriza

conviction
HSC
Unless stated otherwise, I would've thought you would be safe discussing the two presented interpretations. Bringing in other interpretations might lead to irrelevant discussion. I can't really be sure though since I'm not your teacher. Best bet would be for you to ask your teacher, or check guidelines if you received any.

llamafarma

HSC
Hey, Thanks for your response! Yeah the only problem was that we did not receive any form of a marking criteria/guideline so i'm not sure how this is going to go down...To be fair, I did discuss one of the interpretations that THEY presented, so still a bit confused haha

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
I think you should be pretty safe, as the whole point of the Module is to develop a personal response to these set texts. This could potentially be strengthened by presenting an opposing or complementary opinion to yours in the form of literary critiques, movies, etc. By the sounds of it, you might have done very well, as long as you had an argument! :)

No point worrying, it'll work out I'm sure!

llamafarma

HSC
Hey thanks for that! At least this gives me some form of reassurance haha! was starting to get a bit worried, especially considering English is not exactly my best subject :)

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hey thanks for that! At least this gives me some form of reassurance haha! was starting to get a bit worried, especially considering English is not exactly my best subject :)
It was an odd assessment, pretty sure your teachers will take that into account!! I also agree with buriza, bringing in other interpretations might've derailed the point of your assessment. Calm down, hope for the best :) I enjoyed studying Hamlet, a very rich and engaging text, even though some of its interpretations are quite questionable (and a bit odd)!

Best of luck again! :)

llamafarma

HSC
Hey guys, thanks for your help! Just got marks back and I got 12/15 so I'm pretty happy with that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)