Question of misadventure (1 Viewer)

azzikiel

Dj azzikiel...
HSC
In the past two days my family has had a string of bad luck.. yesterday afternoon my brother fell off his bike and landed on his head with no helmet on and today my sister slipped on the stairs which were covered in moss and landed on some quite sharp rocks and had to be ambulanced to the hospital. Now even though they are fine.. I have spent most of this weekend in the hospital and will be making a trip there tomorrow. Is it possible to file for misadventure even though they are stable and fine now?

Thanks for your time..

azz

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
probably...no harm in trying...only unless of course you dont feel affected by it

azzikiel

Dj azzikiel...
HSC
thanks for replying.. well im quite affected i feel.. Its not easy seeing your brother in a neck brace not moving.. they are stable now but thats not the point.. i worry much more about my family than the hsc..

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
yeah same here ay. i applied for EAS because of 4 family deaths in 2 weeks.
so i say go for it..because i know i definitely would have gone better had all that not occured around my trials and just before StuVac.

talk to your studies co-ordinator on monday...it shouldn't be too hard to organise something..the board of studies is quite willing to help..as evil as they seem :p

7th Sign

HSC
no you don't have a very good chance of getting misadventure,

you could try and send one in but they would not care...but who cares man just give it a shot any ways just say all this stuff liek you have not been able to study youve been mentally effected and other stuff liek that they may give you 5 extra uai points or something. Theirs no harm in trying ay.

If your sister fell down the stairs and was killed then yeah they would care...

sorry to hear about your bad luck but man hope things go right for u.

Last edited:

Dsan

dsan
HSC
wt do they actually do if u filled out the misadventure stuff? do u get estimate or wt?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You get the higher of your HSC exam mark and your Moderated assesment mark (i.e your school assesements) Just whichever is higher.
7th Sign: I dont think they give extra UAI points for such circumstances?

arooshika...

HSC
u can file for a misadventure for these series of stuff
my councellor said, if you arent fit even emotionally and mentally like family problems and issues u can still file for one if u like but it not only needs to get signed from the principal but also the councellor to prove it

nwatts

HSC
Ah, the misadventure form is pretty specific in saying that it does not cover a loss in preparation time. So because of the reasons you listed, you are unfortunately not eligible.

However if you go to the doctor tomorrow and tell him you've been placed under a lot of stress from these family accidents (that affected your concentration/performance during the exam), you'll be able to get him to fill in a misadventure form which can then be signed off by your principal.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, basically if anything out of your control would adversely affect your performance in the exam, you may apply for misadventure/illness. The important thing is having appropriate evidence to back up your claim. i.e doctors certificates, statements from supervisors, etc etc

HSC
you can't state loss in preperation time due to your incident, (sorry to hear btw)- but do tell the doctors of any emotional stress it has caused you, you can pick up illness misadventure from examiner on the day/principal/ or deputy, make sure to get a dr's certificate ASAP, the closer the drs certificate is to the date of incidents, more chance its going to get accepted (thats what my deputy principal told me)

cataleptic

HSC
I think you pretty much need a doctors form to get misadventure. I doubt you'd get it, which is sad. You could always try though :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
16. Illness/misadventure appeals
If you believe that your performance in the examination was diminished because of
circumstances beyond your control, you can lodge an illness/misadventure appeal.

(i) You may appeal for a variation to your results if you were prevented from
attending an examination, or you consider that your performance was affected
by illness or misadventure immediately before or during the examination.
Appeal forms are available from the presiding officer or your principal. Further
details of appeal procedures are on the form and on the Illness/Misadventure
Information Guide for Students sheet. It is your right and responsibility to lodge
an appeal.

(iii) The illness/misadventure appeals process does not cover:
• difficulties in preparation or loss of preparation time;
• alleged deficiencies in tuition;
• loss of study time or facilities prior to the formal study vacation;
• misreading of the timetable;
• misreading of examination instructions;
• failure to enter for the examination in the correct course;
• long-term illness such as glandular fever, asthma and epilepsy – unless there
is evidence of a sudden recurrence during the examination;
• courses which are undertaken as a self-tuition student.

jezzza

if you have a nervous breakdown which completely cracks your mental state of mind....what goes on there??

stuff happened during stuvac dont want to go into detail, but i am solely relying on this misadventure form.

i have doctor certificates and the school is very aware of it..

do you think i will get it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)