Question on a technique. (1 Viewer)

McLovin

HSC
I was not sure where to put this thread but because it is concerning brave new world I thought I would put it here, what is the technique that huxley uses when he puts a word inside another word for example Lenina (LENINa).

Thanks.

danz90

HSC
Perhaps a cipher/subliminal message/hidden message or something along those lines..
That is pretty savvy analysis though ;) .. however... in an exam, I don't think that it is very powerful to use as a single analysis. You could briefly refer to that kind of analysis if you had time...

McLovin

HSC
Yeah I know it is not a very powerful technique I am just using it to support the idea of the Post- Russian Revolution context.. Thanks though!

dolbinau

HSC
Context is important in this module so I think it's useful.

Mond

HSC
As mentioned earlier, it could be referred to as an allusion, yet you could also refer to it as another example where Huxley uses satire. For example, in my essays where I choose to discuss the characterisation of Lenina, I refer to her name as a way of drawing parallels between her and the ideas endorsed by Lenin - I suggest that she is an embodiment of some of these ideas. This may be seen as a stretch, for example, obviously she does not embody every single idea Lenin advocated, however the main point is that Huxley is trying to draw our attention to the fact that such political notions of how to remove class struggle may backfire and in turn remove our individual liberties - what makes us "human" (and this is where I link it to the concept of 'In the wild'). That way you are incorporating technique, example, concept, and context.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)