• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

question on hsc marking (2 Viewers)

RANK 1

HSC
just wondering for the multiple mark questions, does getting the correct answer automatically award you full marks

enoilgam

HSC
Depends on the test. In maths, you need workings plus a correct answer in order to get full marks on a multiple mark question.

anne1010

HSC
sometimes. for eg the first question of 2 unit always has calculator work where they ask u to round something to 3sig figs or decimal places worth 2 marks. if u give the straight answer u get the two marks but they say to first put the exact number the calculator gave u then round it for carried on mistakes if u somehow screw it up. other questions require working out for full marks

RANK 1

HSC
what if say for this one question in extension 1, it goes a guy guesses all of a multiple choice test. there are 50 questions and he has 0.3 chance of getting it right, whats the most likely number of questions he will get right?.

the marking criteria uses binomial probability to solve it, by finding the highest coefficient, whereas i just times the 50 and 0.3. the question is out of 3 marks. wud i still get all 3 marks

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
what if say for this one question in extension 1, it goes a guy guesses all of a multiple choice test. there are 50 questions and he has 0.3 chance of getting it right, whats the most likely number of questions he will get right?.
the marking criteria uses binomial probability to solve it, by finding the highest coefficient, whereas i just times the 50 and 0.3. the question is out of 3 marks. wud i still get all 3 marks
No.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
why it doesnt state that u need to use binomial prob, so logically you shud be able to get full marks for it
your way of thinking mightn't be logical to solve the question but might give the same answer by coincidence.

woga3

Banned
HSC
N/A
your way of thinking mightn't be logical to solve the question but might give the same answer by coincidence.
lol don't know shit about maths kiddo , just stop talking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)