Question on part-time employment trends (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a 3 marker question reading: "Identify the trend in the numbers of part time employees, (its from a table, and its increasing) and suggest TWO reasons for this trend"

anyone have any suggestions, cos i dun think mine are solid enough..

ice_cream

ummm...more females entering the workforce and many of them prefer part time due to family responsibilities?
in the textbook...increase in people in teritary studies and many pay HECS and to keep up with it...they need to find a part-time/casual job in order to support it...

hope it means something...:eek: :)

ShirLz

Also, could be

Labour market reforms and micro policy reforms in order to increase internat. competitiveness has led employers to reduce full time employed w/ either capital or more part-time workers, thus reducing costs, improving labour productivity n therefore improving i/nat competitiveness. :D

Alex

In addition to those, employers will find it overall cheaper in some cases to have part time employess because they will not have to pay them superannuation and other things such as that. (benefits etc...)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks ppl

i also asked my teacher, and he said stuff about more proportion of women entering the workforce, and they usually occupy part-time and casual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)