Question on Units going to my ATAR (1 Viewer)

the_one_1

HSC
I had an ATAR estimate done at school and it said that Religion 1U is going to my ATAR when I didn't want it to. I have 11 units and I was hoping for Religion to drop out for my 10 units going to the ATAR. So, what going to happen... Do I have to bomb out in the Religion 1U Exam or is it still going to my HSC. I calculated my marks and saw that RE is only 0.1/100 over my IPT marks in my report. So is Religion going to go to my ATAR or if I bomb out in the RE 1U exam for the HSC and do really well in IPT it will drop out of my 10 units going into the HSC.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
They only take your best 10 units, so if your overall mark is less than your other 10 units, they can't take it into account.

D94

HSC
N/A
UAC takes your best 10 units. Why would you want IPT to count if your SOR is better?

UAC scales the average of your raw HSC exam mark + your moderated assessment mark, then takes the best 10 units (including English). If they do their calculations and the scaled mark for SOR is better than the scaled mark for IPT, they will obviously use SOR in the calculations and then 1 unit of IPT or whichever subject is lower.

the_one_1

HSC
UAC takes your best 10 units. Why would you want IPT to count if your SOR is better?

UAC scales the average of your raw HSC exam mark + your moderated assessment mark, then takes the best 10 units (including English). If they do their calculations and the scaled mark for SOR is better than the scaled mark for IPT, they will obviously use SOR in the calculations and then 1 unit of IPT or whichever subject is lower.
IPT is the subject which requires certain bands for credit points (at the university I want to go to) which is why I want it included in my ATAR. Even then, I never preform well at all in Religion the only reason my IPT subject is not being accepted is because my IPT teacher said everyone in our class copied each other in an assessment project and gave all of us low marks in that task, the task was in such a way that it was going to look the same for everyone and will look like we all copied. We didn't copy each other, it was all our own work. She even said in the comments, copied from other people in class. We all tried fighting for it and she didn't do anything. Thats why my mark for IPT is lower than Religion.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
IPT is the subject which requires certain bands for credit points (at the university I want to go to) which is why I want it included in my ATAR.
The university looks at your HSC marks, not which subjects counted towards your ATAR.

the_one_1

HSC
The university looks at your HSC marks, not which subjects counted towards your ATAR.
But I don't do well in Religion, I do well in IPT. I need IPT to be included in my ATAR because its more stronger for me.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
But I don't do well in Religion, I do well in IPT. I need IPT to be included in my ATAR because its more stronger for me.
lol...Whichever is stronger will be counted.

the_one_1

HSC
lol...Whichever is stronger will be counted.
IPT is not my current stronger topic because my teacher marked our project thinking we copied each other. It is actually my stronger topic but because of this, is not my current strong topic. I DO WELL IN IPT. Religion is NOT my stronger topic.

If I bomb out of the RE exam (get 10/50), will it or won't it still be included in my ATAR if I do really well in my IPT exam.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
IPT is not my current stronger topic because my teacher marked our project thinking we copied each other. It is actually my stronger topic but because of this, is not my current strong topic. I DO WELL IN IPT. Religion is NOT my stronger topic.

If I bomb out of the RE exam (get 10/50), will it or won't it still be included in my ATAR if I do really well in my IPT exam.
Just write one word for each question and you'll be fine

D94

HSC
N/A
Lol. You are completely missing the point. When UAC scales your subjects, they take your best 10 units. Best, as in, based on their calculations, not your opinion of a subject. It is based solely on marks. If SOR turns out to be better than IPT, SOR will count, because it is your better subject.

Do you want a higher ATAR or not? If SOR is better than IPT, in terms of scaled marks, then it will give you a higher ATAR than if you took the whole 2 units of IPT. I don't even need to use IPT as an example, any other subject will do, except English.

UAC determines your highest combination of marks, and that will be used to determine your ATAR.

the_one_1

HSC
Lol. You are completely missing the point. When UAC scales your subjects, they take your best 10 units. Best, as in, based on their calculations, not your opinion of a subject. It is based solely on marks. If SOR turns out to be better than IPT, SOR will count, because it is your better subject.

Do you want a higher ATAR or not? If SOR is better than IPT, in terms of scaled marks, then it will give you a higher ATAR than if you took the whole 2 units of IPT. I don't even need to use IPT as an example, any other subject will do, except English.

UAC determines your highest combination of marks, and that will be used to determine your ATAR.
For God sakes. I'm asking that if I BOMB OUT of the RE HSC EXAM. Will it be included in my ATAR as I am better at IPT than Religion but my assessment marks say RE is better. The marks are only 0.1/100 away from each other in my Assessment. I PLAN to BOMB out in my Religion EXAM and do better in my IPT Exam. WILL RELIGION BE INCLUDED IN MY ATAR IF I DO THIS OR WILL IPT GO TO MY ATAR. I DID'NT STUDY FOR RELIGION WHICH IS TOMORROW AS I DON'T WANT IT INCLUDED IN MY ATAR BUT I AM WORRIED THAT IT WILL BE INCLUDED. GOD!

D94

HSC
N/A
Lol, again, missing the point. UAC takes your best 10 units. If UAC determines SOR is not in your best 10, then it obviously won't be counted. It doesn't matter if you bomb out or get 100, they take your best 10 units. Why would UAC count SOR if it turns out to be worse than IPT? Do you even understand the concept of 'best 10 units'?

You do not know your final assessment mark, it gets moderated/adjusted, based on your cohort's exam performance. You cannot compare your SOR school mark to your IPT school mark.

Do whatever you want.

the_one_1

HSC
Lol, again, missing the point. UAC takes your best 10 units. If UAC determines SOR is not in your best 10, then it obviously won't be counted. It doesn't matter if you bomb out or get 100, they take your best 10 units. Why would UAC count SOR if it turns out to be worse than IPT? Do you even understand the concept of 'best 10 units'?

You do not know your final assessment mark, it gets moderated/adjusted, based on your cohort's exam performance. You cannot compare your SOR school mark to your IPT school mark.

Do whatever you want.
No one in my school preforms well in Religion everyone usually gets 25-30/50 and the weird ones get in the 40s (only about 5 people) so that shouldn't really be a problem. Its my Assessment marks i'm worried about, but if it is scaled with your cohorts exam performance then its alright. Time to just ACE my IPT Exam.

braintic

HSC
N/A
Why on earth would you care which 10 units counted for your ATAR?

All 11 units still appear on your HSC without any indication of which units counted in your ATAR.

You are told in the ATAR notification which subjects counted, but your university will definitely NOT care whether a certain subject counted in your ATAR. ALL subjects are still listed on your result notice whether or not they counted.

Surely you would want the best 10 units counting, whichever ones they are.

Why would you deliberately lower your ATAR by electing to bomb out on a subject?

mar101

HSC
for god sakes. I'm asking that if i bomb out of the re hsc exam. Will it be included in my atar as i am better at ipt than religion but my assessment marks say re is better. The marks are only 0.1/100 away from each other in my assessment. I plan to bomb out in my religion exam and do better in my ipt exam. Will religion be included in my atar if i do this or will ipt go to my atar. I did'nt study for religion which is tomorrow as i don't want it included in my atar but i am worried that it will be included. God!
you make absolutely no sense! You get the bonus points for doing the subject not for it counting in your atar!!!

mar101

HSC
i really hope for yoursake you didn't bomb sor! you're a fucking idiot if you did.

mar101

HSC
give your best shot in everything- best overall marks go to atar= highest possible atar+ bonus points for all the subjects you completed

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
you make absolutely no sense! You get the bonus points for doing the subject not for it counting in your atar!!!
Not really. Most of the Uni's award you on how you performed in certain subjects (usually bands).

mar101

HSC
Not really. Most of the Uni's award you on how you performed in certain subjects (usually bands).
oh my fucking god i can't even i'm so frustrated right now. you get these bonus points on your performance whether it counted or not- just because it doesn't count to your atar doesn't mean you don't get a band or an effort for your mark- so this person could still get bonus points for doing the subject AS WELL as it not counting to their atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)