Question: Program (1 Viewer)

goosiegoo

HSC
Hi guys. I'm doing Promotion and Program for Visions, and due to the fact that people rarely do Promotion and Program at my school, i really have no idea what i'm doing (haha, excellent). I chose it because i'm into the design aspect, but i'm ever so confused about a several aspects of it.

The syllabus says, about the program:

'A program which contains a profile of the theatre company, its target audience, information about the playwright, the history of the play, the directorial approach and any other information relevant to the production'

So i know i have to do those things listed, but as for 'any other information relevant to the production' i'm not really sure. I heard people saying they were doing character bio's, etc and arrgghh... i'm freaking out a bit here. I'm from a rural town so it's not like i can go and get programs, etc, from large theatre companys all the time.

So can anyone tell me, what sort of stuff should i include in my program? I'm fine with the design aspects, but the rest i have no idea. And how long should it be?
And when they say 'it's target audience' can i just incorporate that in there somewhere? And do you have alot of room for creativity in terms of making the program a bit unusual? And... i can't think of any more questions.

If anyone perhaps had an uploaded copy of a (good) program from past hsc, that would be really, really useful - and probably solve most of my problems.

Anywho, thankyou in advance - any help would be greatly appreciated.

goosiegoo

HSC
noir. said:
I've just finished my program :)

Basically what you should be including is anything that is relevant to the production of Visions. The director, the playwright, the crew, the cast [their biographies. you can make it up!] and history of the theatre company. I have included 2 advertisments in my program - one of another play that will be running by the theatre company, and another just of a car. you can include pictures of the production and all, but that is optional.
Oh, good job! I haven't started. Ha. Damn.

Anywho, thanks for that! I'll write it down. Hehe.

Does anyone know if there are any particular things they don't like in your program? Like there is a list of things they don't like in Performance... any ideas with Promotion and Program? :D

goosiegoo

HSC
Yeah i understand, thanks!

Ok... so i thought of yet another question for anyone who may choose to answer it...

Does anyone have any views on putting head-shots of your friends or people from your school as the actors for your play? With them being 17-18 yearolds? Or will that not be 'sophisticated' as they say.

stine03

HSC
I've got headshots of two of my friends who are both 17 i also used them for my poster, with the help of makeup and lighting, they both look much older and sophisticated. Most teachers are suprised when i acutally tell them that its them! :)

sesska

:)
HSC
im actually doing my program for Private Lives right now.. my whole project has to be complete by wednesday ahhh..

but yeah i had the same problem as you with not knowing what to put in.. so far im planning to do list of cast/crew, about the playwright, about the play, word from the director, cast bios, crew info, history of syd. theatre company, production photos, advertisements .. and another i cant remember.. although im not sure what order and if this will be enough!

stress stress

goosiegoo

HSC
sesska said:
im actually doing my program for Private Lives right now.. my whole project has to be complete by wednesday ahhh..

but yeah i had the same problem as you with not knowing what to put in.. so far im planning to do list of cast/crew, about the playwright, about the play, word from the director, cast bios, crew info, history of syd. theatre company, production photos, advertisements .. and another i cant remember.. although im not sure what order and if this will be enough!

stress stress
Due in on wednesday?!? :bomb:That's be terrible. Good luck! Sounds like you've got quite alot to put in there... the only other thing i can think i'm doing, other than you, would be.. a few character bios. And with Visions being a bit historical, it's understandable to do that, i'm not sure about Private Lives though.

Oh well, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)