question re FAILING and cps (1 Viewer)

lmnopq

HSC
Hey everyone. I need a little help figuring out how many subjects i should do this year because i failed a couple of my second year psy subjects.

I need 68 cps to graduate. Say that i have 62 credit points including the 6 cps that i failed.

If i redo both of them are they counted again as another 6 credit points making my total 68 cps or do i have to do another 2 subjects?

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
I'm pretty sure that redoing those 2 subjects counts as 6 credit points, and you'll be able to graduate without doing any other subjects.

antisheep

HSC
but wouldn't that mean that the same subjects were being counted twice? once as a failure in the 62 and then once as a pass to make your 68? I'd really like to understand the system myself in case this ever happens to me... (i'm hoping it won't of course)

X

xeuyrawp

Example: I do AHST100 (3 cps), and I fail it. Then in the next year, I do it again and pass it.

I only have 3 cps, not 6.

Cps won't count unless you pass the subject, obviously. Otherwise, people could fail all their subjects and still get a degree... Which kinda eliminates the point of having marks...

lmnopq

HSC
hmm so if it doesn't get counted again, which mark gets counted towards the gpa?
fail or pass? i thought once you failed something, you would always have to count it when calculating your gpa... does the new mark you get override that?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
lmnopq said:
hmm so if it doesn't get counted again, which mark gets counted towards the gpa?
fail or pass? i thought once you failed something, you would always have to count it when calculating your gpa... does the new mark you get override that?
They are included as 0 points in the GPA calculation, so yes you still count the failed subjects in determining one's GPA. But they don't count towards unit credits for your degree progress.

lmnopq

HSC
oh i see. i would have thought that if its being calculated towards the gpa it would count as unit credits too.

so basically after redoing those two subjects i will still have 62 unit credits counting towards my degree
and 68 cps counting towards GPA, am i right?

X

xeuyrawp

lmnopq said:
so basically after redoing those two subjects i will still have 62 unit credits counting towards my degree
and 68 cps counting towards GPA, am i right?
Correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)