Question regarding Case Studies (1 Viewer)

Shan4curry

HSC
OK, here's the deal.

For VA this year, we did 5 artists based around a central theme. These were the minimum 5 Case Studies as required under the syllabus for the subject. Our class has been told to use ONLY these artists in our extended response (i.e. Section II).

Is it true that the 5 Case Studies that we do in class HAVE to be used in the extended response? Since our teacher required us to do this internally I just went with it. As this is an external exam, I was wanting to use my own artists that I like and can work with, as well as a bit of what we've done from class.

Just wondering because I read posts from here talking about how people have chosen themselves what artists they want to use in their extended response. I would like to do the same thing!

Thanks in advance! Good luck in the exam!

LinzyHodge

HSC
You can do any artists you like, my teacher encourages us to search out our own artists rather then those forced upon you, relate to them better, etc, I think a lot of teachers do.

Good luck to you too!

Rfelt110191

HSC
It might be better to do ur own artists coz if ur school is marked together and ur essay is original it'll stand out :)

Hatta

HSC
Yeah, your own ones are best. Also, alot of the school's case studies aren't contemporary. I've decided to use contemporary (Stuckist movement, Charles Thompson and Billy Childish, etc), so that it's something they haven't heard repeated a million times, as well as some older and more classical artists like Magritte.

Also, Stuckism works brilliantly with those cultural frame q's about protest art : D
I just hope my marker doesn't love Duchamp...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)