Question regarding UNSW Med interviews (1 Viewer)

NichNich

HSC
Hi all,

Regarding the med interviews for 2004, the UNSW med website says that successful applicants for an interview receive an e-mail on the week beginning 13th sept 2004. I was wondering whether those of you that got into medicine in 2003 and back received your e-mails at the beginning of the week or towards the end?

And did anyone that's applying for med in UNSW this year get an e-mail for interview yet?

Many thanks in advance!

jessum

HSC
i didnt get an email :(
boo hoo
but its only monday... still 4 days left
fingers crossed

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
I got mine the day after they said they'd release the offers (i.e. the 14th in your case).

Brad

I havent got one yet... i am hoping i put the right email eeeeep..

oh well, they mail them out anyways.

What about UMAt results???????

Jeedai

HSC
yeah, i got an email today... although i found it in my junkmail folder, so people might want to check there (damn hotmail...)
do they really expect a 40-50 min interview? oh dear...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i got mine on the release day.,
didnt find it till the 15th.. remember to check all ure inboxes :$

nit

HSC
So do they post the invitations out over the course of the week? If so, does that mean that the top people get told on the first day...ie yesterday?

I got told on Monday, and I'm not sure if that's any indication of where we are ranked at this point...

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
Jeedai said:
yeah, i got an email today... although i found it in my junkmail folder, so people might want to check there (damn hotmail...)
do they really expect a 40-50 min interview? oh dear...
After reading that, i checked my junk email, and there was an email there from UNSW. :D thanks for the tip off.

jessum

HSC
i feel totally rejected now that i got my rejection email
poo poo to unsw
ill go hang out in the liberal studies forum, where they arent mean and dont have stupid umat tests to determine whether or not u can get into uni.
hehee
im not a sore loser.. not at all

Last edited:

7minute

HSC
take heart, there's always the january round of interviews. and the guy at the UNSW med lecture on open day said you have an equal chance of getting in whether your interview is sept/oct or jan.

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
Hey don't despair guys if u didnt get a first round interview! U could still get a 2nd round interview. U might not have got an interview offer due to ur UAI est (most likely- that's what prolly happened to me- i got a second round interview because my UAI was quite a lot higher than my estimate would have been- im not entirely sure abt this but that's my best guess). Also some people decide they dont want to do med anymore and reject their offer and thus that may leave a spot for u.
So jus focus on the HSC (or uni), and remember if u did apply interstate, u still have a chance of getting interviews there (and i think other uni's cutoff will be slightly less than UNSW's, and plus, other uni's dont take into account ur UAI estimate).
So keep ur chin up, and dont lose hope.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
most likely- that's what prolly happened to me- i got a second round interview because my UAI was quite a lot higher than my estimate would have been- im not entirely sure abt this but that's my best guess
harhar AK that's not it...it's cos u suck :D:D:D

Brad

Yay for me... i got an email on tuesday... i got a phone call from justine because my email wouldnt work so I was the first one to be told she said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)