Question tat bugs me >.< (1 Viewer)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
I was suppose to do my econ assignment but then i turned out to be sorting out units tat i have to do and the electives i wanna choose...
Ok, here's the question,
As i go through the 2005handbook for App Fin & Com Accg, are the language units meeting their requirements for the completion of the degree of Bachelor of commerce. Coz i wanna do some electives aren't commerce related, will that still count?

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
FNN01 - Applied Finance and Professional Accounting (Undergraduate Coherent Study)
Stream: Applied Finance
Area of Study: Finance
Degrees: BAppFin BCom-Accg - Bachelor of Applied Finance with the degree of Bachelor of Commerce-Accounting (UAC Preference 300270)
Offered By: Department of Accounting and Finance,
Department of Economics,
EFS - Division of Economic and Financial Studies

Requirements
Obtain an aggregate of at least 96 credit points, including at least 66 credit points in units above 100 level, and at least 30 credit points in units above 200 level which are designated as approved units for the degree of Bachelor of Commerce; the requirements for the completion of the degree of Bachelor of Applied Finance as set out in the Bachelor Degree Rules including the following approved coherent study: FIN310 plus two units from each of the following:

(a) ECON335, ECON350, ECON360

(b) ACCG329 or ACST305, ACCG352, ACCG353, ACST300;

the requirements for the completion of the degree of Bachelor of Commerce -- Accounting as set out in the Bachelor Degree Rules (provided that it does not include any units above 200 level completed to satisfy the coherent study requirements of the degree of Bachelor of Applied Finance), and including the following approved coherent study:

ACCG310, ACCG323 or ACCG321, ACCG340, BUSL301 or LAW406, BUSL320 or LAW503

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
By the sounds of that it, looks like it has to be commerce related but im not sure, best to call them up

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
thx asylum, i better double check with the uni...
i hope not, coz i wanna enrol language course for electives>.<

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You'll still be able to enrol in it, it just wont count to your degree :)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
um...how bout BBA + ACCG they accept options for 200lv language
now i'm thinking bout transferring btw degrees >.<
but BBA is not majoring in ACCG rite?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, it'd be best for someone else to answer that :) Im a humanities boy

X

xeuyrawp

Check out here, which states that a BCom (Accg) student gets 15 electives.

It is not more specific than that. Then again, there might be a different situation cos of your double degree, although your double degree said 'units acceptable in the BCom' or whatever.

You really do need to figure out what 'which are designated as approved units for the degree of Bachelor of Commerce' means... :S

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
... said:
*waits for flyin'*
flyin' has found that some you guys do a good enough job when flyin' is not around, so most of the time flyin' doesn't have to post. anyways...

link to unit designations:
http://handbook.mq.edu.au/designations.php?edition=2005

(note that some units have double designations)

the answer to original poster's question is: probably. but you should *try* to design your degree program, with all the core units and their prereqs, and the units you've done. then see how much of the requirements you've satisfied, and how much you haven't, then pick units so all the requirements are satisfied. after you've sorted that out, the rest are electives.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
flyin' said:
flyin' has found that some you guys do a good enough job when flyin' is not around, so most of the time flyin' doesn't have to post. anyways...

link to unit designations:
http://handbook.mq.edu.au/designations.php?edition=2005

(note that some units have double designations)

the answer to original poster's question is: probably. but you should *try* to design your degree program, with all the core units and their prereqs, and the units you've done. then see how much of the requirements you've satisfied, and how much you haven't, then pick units so all the requirements are satisfied. after you've sorted that out, the rest are electives.
Thx.
Now I m thinking bout trasferring into BBA+ACCG, since it include 200lv languages as options. BTW, it can be any languages offered rite, euro or asian?
So I need to go to the student enquiry center and ask for a internal transfer form?

X

xeuyrawp

Sweet_Lemon said:
Thx.
Now I m thinking bout trasferring into BBA+ACCG, since it include 200lv languages as options. BTW, it can be any languages offered rite, euro or asian?
So I need to go to the student enquiry center and ask for a internal transfer form?
MMmm, be careful with the whole BBA language thing, as a lot of BBA students do a BBA BA (Languages).

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
but i'm thinking transferring to BBA + ACCOUNTING, as in, those language courses will become options. so it can be any language units rite?

X

xeuyrawp

Sweet_Lemon said:
but i'm thinking transferring to BBA + ACCOUNTING, as in, those language courses will become options. so it can be any language units rite?
I *think* so. Degrees with such a structured nature confuse me, and, like Asy, I'm not really sure about non-humanities stuff.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
anyone know what kind of electives i can do... i do acst/finance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)