Question time for new students. (1 Viewer)

rachomini

HSC
I've accepted my offer as a student in B Creative Arts...and found myself very lost in coming into terms about enrolling and more, I am hoping that this can help everyone...if people will help by answering some of our questions =).

my questions:

1. According to the website, I can enrol in classes right after I have attended in advising sessions, where in the uni can I do that?

2. Must I register classes that I want to undertake in the second semester as well?

3. How do we find out what sort of textbooks and how much they would be?

4. When do we need all our textbooks by, and how much on average does one spend on textbooks in the first sem?

5. As a BCA student, must I have 12cp worth of units in every semester (with an average of 3cp per unit)? due to min 72cp for the whole course?

thank you so much in advance!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
1) The process for enrolment is:

You can go to the optional lecture/introduction orientation talk thing they have...or if you're confident and have things sorted, go to the academic advisors who will look at your filled out proposed program form and then either tell you you're doing it wrong or sign off on it.

You then take this form down to one of the student helpers, who will input it into the system, thus officially enrolling you (there'll be directions if you're lost) into the uni. They will print out a statement which will show your enrolment, which you can now take to another part of the uni for your ID card and concession stickers.

2) Yes apparently so, though when I did it, you only needed the first semester (because I'm pretty sure they don't actually input your classes for second semester (as that's done online via estudent during the break between semesters).

3) Textbooks and whatnot used to be listed online on the Co-op Bookshop. Not sure if they're still there though, but you will definitely find out during your first lecture.

4) Usually its hell for the first week or two, so it may take a while, but depending on the unit, the sooner the better, or sometimes its not even THAT compulsory, there's not hard and fast rule to it. Again, textbooks vary, and if you're doing music courses, you're more likely to be getting Readers, which are collections of individual articles in a book-like-bound format which you'll be using as supplementary or supporting material to the lectures.

5) If you want to finish it in 3 years, then I presume so (24 * 3 obviously) but some people take longer or overload during some semesters and can do it in shorter time. Up to you really.

Lebstr

HSC

You can go to the optional lecture/introduction orientation talk thing they have...or if you're confident and have things sorted, go to the academic advisors who will look at your filled out proposed program form and then either tell you you're doing it wrong or sign off on it.

You then take this form down to one of the student helpers, who will input it into the system, thus officially enrolling you (there'll be directions if you're lost) into the uni. They will print out a statement which will show your enrolment, which you can now take to another part of the uni for your ID card and concession stickers.

2) Yes apparently so, though when I did it, you only needed the first semester (because I'm pretty sure they don't actually input your classes for second semester (as that's done online via estudent during the break between semesters).

3) Textbooks and whatnot used to be listed online on the Co-op Bookshop. Not sure if they're still there though, but you will definitely find out during your first lecture.

4) Usually its hell for the first week or two, so it may take a while, but depending on the unit, the sooner the better, or sometimes its not even THAT compulsory, there's not hard and fast rule to it. Again, textbooks vary, and if you're doing music courses, you're more likely to be getting Readers, which are collections of individual articles in a book-like-bound format which you'll be using as supplementary or supporting material to the lectures.

5) If you want to finish it in 3 years, then I presume so (24 * 3 obviously) but some people take longer or overload during some semesters and can do it in shorter time. Up to you really.
if a new students cannot attend academic advising, can they use a proxy.? do they hve to tell the uni or just fill in the form and the proxy takes it with them

rachomini

HSC
if a new students cannot attend academic advising, can they use a proxy.? do they hve to tell the uni or just fill in the form and the proxy takes it with them
I've read that you can get someone to go on your behalf if you sign a proxy form...and you fill out the proposed timetable form as well? but after everyone else tell me that it is much better to go by yourself...I am! =)

rachomini

HSC

thank you so much! I feel very relief to know something about them =)

Lebstr

HSC
I've read that you can get someone to go on your behalf if you sign a proxy form...and you fill out the proposed timetable form as well? but after everyone else tell me that it is much better to go by yourself...I am! =)
i wnt b in nsw, so i gotta use a proxy then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)