Question to those doing Emily Dickinson... (1 Viewer)

LaurenPetrovna

HSC
Are you memorising all of the poems? Do you think memorising four in enough depth is enough? Is there a chance they'll specify a particular poem we'll have to use?

smalik

HSC
I hope they dont specify, Ive got three done in detail. They have never specified a poem, mind you if speeches last year is anything to go by. What poems are you doing ?

RishBonjour

HSC
I don't think they specify for belonging ever
No I'm not memorising poems
But I pretty much know all of letter, died for beauty, hungry all the years and a part of narrow fellow from just analyzing them

It is recommended you talk about 2 in your essay - more depth/analysis. But many do 3.

LaurenPetrovna

HSC
I know I Died For Beauty, I Gave Myself to Him, I Had Been Hungry All The Years and This Is My Letter To The World all pretty well.
I just hope that's enough haha, I know absolutely nothing about any of the others.

micwes12

HSC
I know them well enough to probably quote a line or two from them, and it's pretty easy to make up an analysis... "This is a metaphor for belonging" etc.
There is a chance they will - they did last year in the critical study for Hamlet, and heaps of people lost marks because they didn't know it well enough. My teacher said he doesn't think they would do it for Paper I because standard have to sit it as well, he said they're more likely to do it for Module C (represenation and texts).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)