Question: Tutes first week? (1 Viewer)

maka

HSC
I just checked BlackBoard and nothing is available.

I know it might sound like a whinge but why would you not have BlackBoard up and running at least a day before uni starts.

That allows people time to familiarise themselves with their courses and then lets them know of attendance in the first week.

I really would like to go tomorrow but like all other Monday tutorials in the 1st week, they are nearly always a ghost town.

I suppose I may go in and then if its off, hit the bookshop and get my concession card re stickered.

maka

HSC
melsc....

Just having a quick look in the 2006 Con/Admin study guide that has a tutorial in Week 1 and on the LAW webpage for Property/Equity, it says all tutorials start Week 1.

Guess I am heading into class tomorrow morning after all!

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I have no idea how many times the same thing can be said:
i just wanted to make sure :p

PwarYuex said:
This is uni, where noone gives a shit what you do, until it comes time for your tutor to mark down your attendance/participation, and you'll be FAILED. If you have the attitude that you couldn't be bothered to rock up to your first tute in case it's not on, I'm telling you now, you will not do well.:
once again, i was only making sure... they're a lot of inferences to be drawn from one question/statement. :rolleyes:

nonetheless, thanks for your response.

HSC
melsc said:
Law does tend to run tutes in their first week. Arts doesn't most of the time. That said you are better rocking up because sometimes they mark people absent if they dont turn up in the first week and thus they have already used an absense.
oh okay, thanks :)

Kegs

HSC
I know it has all been said and all is sorted, but who gives a shit. Just go. Does it really matter if there is no class. God forbid one might have to spend some time at uni not at class or the library, and in the dreaded O-week. How will us anti-socialites survive...

McKain

HSC
Just wondering if anyone else still hasn't got their subjects on WebCT, because my subjects are not showing up yet.:confused:

antisheep

HSC
neither! Jurisprudence is showing up but i can't click on it and get in... and i've been told that my other subjects defintely have an online element so yeah... silly blackboard.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
McKain said:
Just wondering if anyone else still hasn't got their subjects on WebCT, because my subjects are not showing up yet.:confused:
Semester 1 Students

Online unit enrolment has been delayed. Most Semester 1 students will be added to their online units by 5pm today. Please note that not all Semester 1 units have an online unit on this site. Check with your lecturer if you are not sure.

So all units should be up by the end of the day.

McKain

HSC
jake2.0 said:
Semester 1 Students

Online unit enrolment has been delayed. Most Semester 1 students will be added to their online units by 5pm today. Please note that not all Semester 1 units have an online unit on this site. Check with your lecturer if you are not sure.

So all units should be up by the end of the day.
Thanks for the update mate !

maka

HSC
No subjects up for me.

A bit past 5pm too hahaha!

miss-smexy

HSC
umm I turned up for my law tute... and so did everyone else - yet no one came? So we ended all just leaving...

williamc

HSC
miss-smexy said:
umm I turned up for my law tute... and so did everyone else - yet no one came? So we ended all just leaving...
why would they?

There is no material to review from the lecture.

X

xeuyrawp

williamc said:
why would they?

There is no material to review from the lecture.
Tutorials are not just reviews of the lectures, mate.

Law tutes are usually on in first week. (See entire thread thx).

miss-smexy

HSC
Yeh i just checked WebCT and it said that they were all not on for the first week >.<

X

xeuyrawp

Meh, they were on in my year. We did an intro to law bit, they marked the roll, I think we did name tags or something stupid, left at like half past...

At least you met some people in your class early. :)

maka

HSC
Pwar....

Jurisprudence (and Torts) from my experience are exceptions to the rule.

Had my Con/Admin class.... 30 mins out of 2 hours..... got textbooks and left.

I see what you all mean about going first week. You do meet a few people you know or some new people.

X

xeuyrawp

... My first Juris tute was on. They said in the lecture (on Friday arvo/night) that it was okay if you'd missed the week's tutes, though.

Not sure why this is such an issue on the board? :-/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)