Question - urgent!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you could help me clarify somethings - i have trials in one week! :mad1:

Well although im doing the Tacitus case study, this would apply to everyone doing the course - but i shall use my case study to illustrate what i am asking.

Okay, well with the five key questions, we are meant to apply our case studies to that as well (as stated in the syllabus) - however we also have a number of points of debate we need to address in the case study, for Tacitus these are:
- context of Tacitus and his purpose
- notion of the Principate
- tyranny and freedom
- Tacitus' characterisation of women and men: similarities and differences
- the impact of archaeological, epigraphic and iconographical sources.

There are historical debates in the points, and when relating each point to the five key questions, how would you go about it? For example, the second point on NOTION OF THE PRINCIPATE - do i apply it to What are the historical debates in the case study, then who are the historians and then what are the pruposes of history (HOW WOULD I APPLY IT TO THAT :confused: ) -- and so forth - i am quite confused! Or do i approach the five key questions regarding my case study in general?

Sorry if this is confusing!
Any help would be appreciated :)

fashi0nista

HSC
chocolatecookie said:
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you could help me clarify somethings - i have trials in one week! :mad1:

Well although im doing the Tacitus case study, this would apply to everyone doing the course - but i shall use my case study to illustrate what i am asking.

Okay, well with the five key questions, we are meant to apply our case studies to that as well (as stated in the syllabus) - however we also have a number of points of debate we need to address in the case study, for Tacitus these are:
- context of Tacitus and his purpose
- notion of the Principate
- tyranny and freedom
- Tacitus' characterisation of women and men: similarities and differences
- the impact of archaeological, epigraphic and iconographical sources.

im so sorry that no ones replied. yeah i have my hist ext Tacitus exam next friday. well anyway, first of all are you sure you all doing all 5 of those? Because arent you supposed to choose 2 of them and focuse on them? (eg, your teacher chooses 2)
For example. I am doing "context and purpose of Tacitus" and "Tacitus' characterisations of women and men" [and im choosing to focus on women
->so Messalina and Agrippina the younger]
then i have to choose some areas of debate within these two "topics" or dot points. keeping in mind dont mix up your questions, Q1 and Q2. In my case Q1 will focus on the context and pupose of Tacitus and Q2 would be the women.:) and then im focusing on areas of debate within these two "topics(purpose and women) such as in purpose you would argue how it has changed using different historians as evidence. and women you would take about the portrayal of women and which portrayal is the truth.

well i hope that made sense and will help you in the HSC exam seeing as youve already had your trials.

:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)