question. (1 Viewer)

w00dy.

HSC
i guess you could say i am asking on the behalf of us who have little to no direction as to where we want to go with our major projects topic wise etc etc.

and even more specifically this question i suppose goes out to all those who have done ext history before us, and those who have better understanding of the course then we.

so...

what topics are considered the ones to be 'the most over done' like the ones that everyone loves to do or more specifically what are the topics to avoid because they are the ones the markers will mark harshly or whatever?

your thoughts and answers would be muchly appreciated.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I reckon the ones that are over done and always show up (like atleast one in every school) is something to do with the holocaust and holocaust denial...I had another one in my head but I forgot it after getting distracted by info on the holocaust:p

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I don't think markers would mark harshley if you chose a 'cliched' topic as long as you right with flair and approach it from a history extension perspective as opposed to simply focusin on the bare history...give whatever you do your own personal spin...oh yeah..and avoid doing terrorism...some one in the yr above me did it and the teachers nicely said (in heaps of nice words) that it sucked...

Robbeh

HSC
Yeah problem with terrorism is that there isn't too much objectivity in it. Use hindsight.

Clichés are great, because they've been done and can establish you a good mark. Just because you do something original doesn't mean that it'll ultimately good. Do a subject you're interested in however!

HSC
Actually, one of my classmates did his project on the WTC attacks and got full marks. It's not the subject matter of your project that matters it's the way you present it: your methodology, historiography etc.

No teacher should be marking you down for what you are doing, only how you are doing it.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Robbeh said:
Yeah problem with terrorism is that there isn't too much objectivity in it. Use hindsight.

Clichés are great, because they've been done and can establish you a good mark. Just because you do something original doesn't mean that it'll ultimately good. Do a subject you're interested in however!
The impression I got from history extension was that cliched topics don't give the best mark because you are expected to demonstrate flair in both ur approach to the topic including your focal investigative debate or whatever you choose.

canned soup

HSC
I've heard topics like Jack the Ripper and other conspiracy theories were seriously over done.

I'm so pleased with my topic! *dances*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)