Question :/ (1 Viewer)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
okie dokey, so when they are shaping my external mark - firstly they will align it, but do they then take into account how your class went. So say after aligning my Physics mark was 82, but now it went down to 72 because my class went bad.

Please clarify?

Cheers.

D94

HSC
N/A
Your exam (external) mark is an aligned mark according to the aligning criteria. Your class has no bearing on your external performance.

However, depending on what you are ranked, your assessment mark will be moderated according to how your class performed.

In your situation, a 72 would mean you were lowly ranked and did far better in the external exam, but this means you could not have been ranked 1.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The aligning process is done on an individual basis. The team of judges determine a cut-off mark for the bands e.g. say they recommended a Band 5 cut-off of 84.4 any one with that exact mark would get 90 and all the marks above that will be aligned accordingly and evenly across the range of marks. It doesn't matter what school you went to or what anyone else in your class got on the exam if your final raw mark was 84.4 you would get a reported mark of 90. (How they get the 84.4 is that there is a team of judges who each, individually come up with a cut-off mark and then those six marks are averaged).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)