Question!!! (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
can the hsc paper ask us questions only on the dot points????
for eg: there is this dot point which says describe the differences b/w solid state and thermionic.....so can they just ask us the differences or can they ask us to explain the operation of the devices as well???

thanx

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
They can only ask you to "describe the differences".

However, if one of the differences is in the operation of the devices, you'll need to be able to describe it, which might require explaining how they operate. :)

The dot points can be quite broad and all-encompassing at times.

^___^
HSC
i think it can only ask u whats in the syllabus(dot pts) but they can change the question around to make life hard...

and somehow i heard trials(depending which, independant, catholic...)they sometimes ask u stuff outside...dunno ifs true

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by ...
and somehow i heard trials(depending which, independant, catholic...)they sometimes ask u stuff outside...dunno ifs true
True as toasted toads. Trials have done that in the past. :) They're not written by the Board though. Ideally your teacher should exclude any 'unsyllabic' questions, but that doesn't always occur.

(yes, I've added a new definition to the word 'unsyllabic' - it sounded cool)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
They can only ask you to "describe the differences".

However, if one of the differences is in the operation of the devices, you'll need to be able to describe it, which might require explaining how they operate. :)

The dot points can be quite broad and all-encompassing at times.
I agree. In this case, you definitely need to know some details of how the devices work because it is a compare & contrast kind of question. Examiners have a tendency to construe dot-points as broadly as they can :).

Some trials have taken material from outside the syllabus or right on the border line in the past, that's true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)