• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
hey dudes- random question- but one that will help me immensely- How do u imply that someone did something....eg. commit a murder...............this character i speak of would be THE least expected- how then can i subtly imply (because he did) kill someone without turning into the whole "ok, alright- i DID IT!"......*shudder*.....confessions r so lame.....is there a way i could do it through language.....?

thanx dudes!

HSC
N/A
If you're going for subtle, why not look for the opposite of "I DID IT!"

Putting him in a situation where he doesn't deny doing it works just as well ;)

hApPy1

HSC
glitterfairy said:
If you're going for subtle, why not look for the opposite of "I DID IT!"

Putting him in a situation where he doesn't deny doing it works just as well ;)

ooooo, i see where ur coming from ;) subtle aye? hmmm, i can be subtle.....

thanx heaps

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
One way to do it would be to have his persona becoming more and more nervous as the murder get's closer to being solved. You could do this by shortening his sentences.

hApPy1

HSC
666_blessings said:
One way to do it would be to have his persona becoming more and more nervous as the murder get's closer to being solved. You could do this by shortening his sentences.

a process of deduction- good idea! thanx :)

Jace

HSC
Alternatively you could have him have no reaction or cover a happy reaction... like when he hears he whipes his mouth with distaste, but for a moment it had almost looked like a smile. Like do something opposite of what a normal reaction should be.

bigwillz

Bigwillz
HSC
N/A
i dunno, i find when i get stuck wit how i want a character to react , i put myslef in their shoes and think what i serioulsy would do. so how would you react if you had murdered some one (perhaps you have, im not judging) and you were the last suspect, or lest likly how would you act, and how could you get caught?

hApPy1

HSC
bigwillz said:
i dunno, i find when i get stuck wit how i want a character to react , i put myslef in their shoes and think what i serioulsy would do. so how would you react if you had murdered some one (perhaps you have, im not judging) and you were the last suspect, or lest likly how would you act, and how could you get caught?

i'd probably cry if someone found out i murdered someone (and beleive it or not i havnt) ... the character is that weak (pathetically) and would probably do the same thing.....damn, i forgot my original question!

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
You could craftily plant clues throughout the plot (insignificant images or statements) that inspire a sense of initially subtle suspicion in the responder. These clues, however, should be constantly expanding, becoming more obvious and fitting together with a relevation of guilt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)