• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question???? (1 Viewer)

khoshgelleh

I just want to be clear on what we have to know for this component (BNW BR)

* context
* Link between Humanity and Nature
* the tensions??

The reason i ask is that i am one of those people who memorises essays.... and so far my "generic" one has been fairly adaptiable to the question because i pretty much refer to the linkage between the composers contxt, and how they predict the future as a result of the unbalanced relationship between man and nature> etc??
is their anythhing else i should be mentioning .. your help is much appreciated

painkiller

HSC
DEFINATELY CONTEXT and the values that come with it. They BOTH affect how the dystopias are represented, because dystopias are designed to go against (almost) everything we believe in.

The link between humanity and nature as well, and HOW they are explored in the texts. Tension should fall under this.

Also note the similarities and differences between BNW and BR.

Owyn

HSC
I had trouble when i saw tensions in one of the past papers, but you just look at tensions as a way of saying how their context's fears, such as industrialisation, create a tension with the wild which leads to the dystopic future and the lose of humanity as the wilderness and natiral ryhthmes has been left out. Sorry if thats irrelevent.

And yeh, thats all your generic essay needs, however with all your essays you need to know how to adapt it to any of the major text forms, such as letter, speech, etc.

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
Sry to intrude on ur thread Khoshyelleh, but since it said question??? just wonderin if they can specify a scence or chapter in the examine

khoshgelleh

it is no intrusion at all..
it regards to your question, i beleive theorectially they can ask about a particular scene, chapter ect. however i very much doubt it .
What my teacher always say, especially those who are markers etc, is that the BOS ( the real on) doesnt exactly wanna fail us all. they try their best to make it a fair assesments ( except that 2unit maths one a few years back)

so no i dnt think you should worry about that . The main thing to focus in is context . I just looked up the rubric and the CSU site both STRESSED context so. yeh

Good luck every one

HSC
can someone plz tell me wtf a tension is.
Google define: tension only seems to give me physics meaning (the tautness of a wire)

WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!WTF WTF WTF!!!>>!??!?!?!??!?!

painkiller

HSC
I think tension refers to the animosity between humans and their environment.

In BNW - obviously, those within the World State see 'the wild' in a bad light. Example quote - "Out of the realm of mere slavish imitation of nature into the much more interesting world of human invention." - Mr Foster. They see nature as being second to man's technology. Also - the populace are conditioned to FEAR nature, as "A love of nature keeps no factories busy." I think the conflict is further embodied in John, as at first, the BNW seems perfect but he comes to realise he prefers the wild, yet he didn't fit in the wild either.

In BR, I'm not too sure about the tension :\ Because greed destroyed the environment, or marginalised it greatly until the remnants of the wild were only found in technology, or had become so rare that they are now very very valuable.

Between BNW and BR though, they both share the same general views. BR however wants to give the responder some hope through technology - the replicants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)