question (1 Viewer)

desai

HSC
i know it is an unwritten law to refer to your case study in section 4, however should you also refer to it in section 3?

i came across this is the 2004 marking guidelines and was a bit thrown off: "Candidates and teachers must bear in mind that the rubrics for both questions in this section mandate the use of a relevant case study/studies."

desai

HSC
ok thanks for that

another question: is it allowed/appropriate/recommended to use a higlighter in your extended response answers? im pretty sure its allowed but im just wondering if its advised to do so, or would it just be a waste of time. and would multiple colours be appropriate like for sub headings and then main syllabus points?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
desai said:
ok thanks for that

another question: is it allowed/appropriate/recommended to use a higlighter in your extended response answers? im pretty sure its allowed but im just wondering if its advised to do so, or would it just be a waste of time. and would multiple colours be appropriate like for sub headings and then main syllabus points?
thats a waste of time in business studies

in legal yes you can highlight LCMD but generally, no one highlights responses in the HSC

desai

HSC
ok another question. for the writing tasks, if my case study does not fit into a syllabus point should i stil include that syllabus point and briefly outline it?

say for example in section 4 i am asked to write a marketing plan for qantas, and say qantas does not psychographically segment the market should i still include what psychographic differentiation is?

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
u can always use more than one case study to answer the question or just make one up for the parts that dont fit in with qantas

desai

HSC
of youve sort've cleared it up but let me use an example cause im not so sure on how to include my case study
example:

ways of segmenting the market:
  • Behavioural segmentation - division according to the customer usage/relation to the product (first time buyer, brand loyalty....) Qantas uses this method and divides up its customers according to trip purpose - business vs. leisure
  • Geogrpahic segmentation - divding the mkt in to different regions, climates ... Qantas uses this in the mkting of its product
  • Psycogrpahic segmentation - peoples values, opinions, lifestyles... (and then jus dont write anything on qantas)

so ive included all the syllabus points however havent related psycographic to the case study. is this alright? and is the whole one sentence as a descripition and one sentence as a relating to the case study thing good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)