• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Questionnaire Help Needed (2 Viewers)

steviedwonda

HSC
hey guys my name is steven :D

im doing my pip on social norms manufactured by the media and i want to discuss about fashion, body image and some other things i still have to think about :mad1:

um anyways i need to make a questionnaire with open and closed questions and i dont know what kind of questions are needed and how to word them to get accurate information for my pip.

thanks for reading guys and thanks for your help in advance.

steviedwonda

HSC
well firstly i want to ask what sort of media are you exposed to on a daily basis also i wanted to discuss some of the social norms of media such as being skinny and other things and the problem is i have no idea what kind of questions i could ask to get out the answers i need.

steven

steviedwonda

HSC
i want my questionnair like this but i need more questions.

Questionnaire

1.What sorts of media are you exposed to daily (please list them all)?
2.a)Do you think the media has a great influence on body image? Yes/No
b)why?
3.Have you ever felt that you have to obide my these influences to be accepted in society? (i dont think i worded this very well)
4.Do you try to keep up with fashion trends? Yes/No
5.a) Does the media influence you to do this? Yes/No
b) How so?

and thats it i have i am very stuck in what to dicuss with my pip if anyone can lend me a hand on like 1 or 2 other social norms which are influenced by the media it will be greatly appreciated.

N

noir.

You've got the layout wrong haha.

Instead of asking people to list what macro world sources they're exposed to write down a list of options so they just tick. It'd be easier for them, and that way, you wont be making them do all the work.

And when you ask whether the media has had an influence on body image, list sources of the media like books, TV, internet etc so they can tick it.
You could ask HOW the media do this, and then ask a question about the influence of peers and family [their micro world] so you can compare it to the influences of the macro world.

And for Q3)
Have you ever felt that you have had to conform to images portrayed by the macro world to be seen as an accepted member of society?

Try and use simple language so everyone can understand! :)

steviedwonda

HSC
Sex:

What sorts of media are you exposed to daily?
[]Television
[]Internet
[]Newspapers
[]Magazines
[]Radio

2.a)Do you think the media has a great influence on body image?
[]Yes
[]No

b)
Why?

3.Do you try to keep up with fashion trends?
[]Yes
[]No

4.a)
Does the media influence you to do this?
[]Yes
[]No

b)
How so?

Have you ever felt that you had to confrom to the images portayed by the media to become an accepted member of society?

6.Do you fell that the media has too much control over the way, we as a society view body image and fashion ?
[]Yes
[]No

ok im thinking about doing 1 chapter on body image and another chapter on fashion. do you think this would be enough questions or would i have to ask more?

i would want to ask about how old fashion is now in and how people who threw out all there "ugly" old fashioned clothes 5-10 years ago are now dreading that they did and what changed there minds? (kinda hard to word though)

thanks for ur help Gangles.McGee and anyone else who would like to put some input!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)