questions about b business textbooks and study (please help!!) (1 Viewer)

raisondetre1

HSC
N/A
Guys is there an electronic version of the textbook? For example, a e-book for the IBP because it would be cheaper...
And you know when you say it is useless?? What if the tutor refers to it in class, and don't you need it for assignments? We have an essay due for IBP soon (NOT SURE IF THEY OFFICIALLY ASSIGNED IT, SHOULD WE START IT NOW??) << sorry.

Also, the tutor gives us homework, such as readings, how will you manage to do the 'readings' if you dont have a textbook?
Also, how much is the IBP textbook. There are 2... the actual IBP one 3rd edition and then there is the LAW one.

so I have a reading due on monday next week (tutor said something about it, not sure where to find out more info about the 'homework'...) but yeah, are we expected to buy the textbook before week 2?

edit: also how do i get access to second hand books?
Okay I'm going to make this plain and simple: Do. Not. Buy. The. IBP. Textbook. You don't need it for your assignments. Most of the marks for IBP are dedicated to your group project so try (might be the luck of the draw unfortunately) to get a good group.

Also the law textbook is only slightly more useful than the IBP one. But that said, don't buy it. You will only need it for the lectures about contracts. So if I were you, I'd borrow the book from the library. You just need it for 2 weeks and you'll be all set.

If it helps, I wasn't fantastic at essays (still not) and I managed to get HD (don't mean to brag). So please trust me when I say don't waste your money. :)

As for secondhand textbooks, you can try studentvip.com.au

waterlml

HSC
Okay I'm going to make this plain and simple: Do. Not. Buy. The. IBP. Textbook. You don't need it for your assignments. Most of the marks for IBP are dedicated to your group project so try (might be the luck of the draw unfortunately) to get a good group.

Also the law textbook is only slightly more useful than the IBP one. But that said, don't buy it. You will only need it for the lectures about contracts. So if I were you, I'd borrow the book from the library. You just need it for 2 weeks and you'll be all set.

If it helps, I wasn't fantastic at essays (still not) and I managed to get HD (don't mean to brag). So please trust me when I say don't waste your money. :)

As for secondhand textbooks, you can try studentvip.com.au
but it's like we have to read that IBP book every week for our hw :( and when we do group project don't we need information from the textbook??

waterlml

HSC
ok i still don't get it when people say the IBP textbook is useless, so does that mean we can totally rely and study on the lecture slides before an exam and we can get good mark??

raisondetre1

HSC
N/A
Your group project is going to be about creating a possible solution to the wicked problem you are studying for the subject. What you need for a HD mark is a good group with somewhat good writing skills (you all will need to write a report on your project), good presentation skills, and the contracts chapters from the law textbook. Your project idea doesn't have to be brilliant, just communicate it well when you present with your group.

I was also skeptical when people said the textbooks were useless so I wrote notes for the first half of the semester only to find that I wasted my time.

waterlml

HSC
ok so i only bought the business stats textbook so far since i am not good at maths and all the assessments are individual exam etc. btw is the economic one useful ??

waterlml

HSC
guys is the law one useful? should i just borrow it from the library/someone else 0_0? don't want to spend that much money to buy all the books...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
guys is the law one useful? should i just borrow it from the library/someone else 0_0? don't want to spend that much money to buy all the books...
Get it from the second hand book shop

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
ok so i only bought the business stats textbook so far since i am not good at maths and all the assessments are individual exam etc. btw is the economic one useful ??
Get a good set of notes >> stats book

the stats book has too much jargon

Economics one is good but not essential. THe tute q's are not taken from it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)