Questions about Commerce (International) (1 Viewer)

miaoww

HSC
So I received guaranteed entry into commerce (international) but after reading a few old threads on here I am reconsidering :(

1. Do you have to learn a language? People have been giving mixed answers, but I definitely do not want to learn a new language (heard that it screws up your WAM). If I go on exchange to Canada or England, would learning a new language be compulsory?

2. My ultimate goal is to study commerce/law (missed the ATAR cut-off) but I feel like this is better to fall back on if I'm not able to transfer than just a commerce degree. Is this true?

3. I read in a previous thread that the year of exchange messes up your chances of internships because you will be away for your third year. Does anyone have experience with this? :(

4. Is it possible to defer this exchange by 6 months for any reason?

5. I am predominantly interested in studying politics and history (for interest purposes) - would a commerce/arts double be better? if so, why is the ATAR cut-off higher for comm (international) and it doesn't allow bonus points?

5. I also read on an old thread that enrolling in this degree gives you a $2000 scholarship towards your exchange? They changed the degree in 2013 so I'm curious to know if this is still in effect.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I can't really find that much information about the degree so I'm considering just calling the university this week. Thank you!

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok I'm not doing Commerce(int.) but I got a $2000 scholarship from the exchange office when I went on exchange just then in s2 2015 in US

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)