Questions about COMP2041 Software Construction (1 Viewer)

UNSWStudent

HSC
Hello,

I am in first year of CS but decided to take COMP2041 in second semester this year since the only prereq is COMP1917 and I want to do as much CS is 1st year as possible.

What is COMP2041 like? What is the intensity? What is the focus of the subject?

The handbook doesn't really offer much information about the content of COMP2041. I read that it uses Perl (afaik it is like Python). What else does it use? What are the assignments like?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
It's one of the easier COMP subjects and one of the most useful. The assignments will be a shell-perl/shell/python compiler that translates say perl -> python (or some other permutation). The second assignment is usually a website, when I took the course we did a website like "twitter"

You'll really be able to utilize a fair bit of the command line after taking the course.

The course focuses on Shell and Perl with sprinkles of Python.

UNSWStudent

HSC
It's one of the easier COMP subjects and one of the most useful. The assignments will be a shell-perl/shell/python compiler that translates say perl -> python (or some other permutation). The second assignment is usually a website, when I took the course we did a website like "twitter"

You'll really be able to utilize a fair bit of the command line after taking the course.

The course focuses on Shell and Perl with sprinkles of Python.
Damn that sounds super interesting, can't wait!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)