• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Questions about new hsc courses (1 Viewer)

projectarms

HSC
im doing the japanese heritage course this year, and its a new course for the hsc and im just wondering how new courses scale, and if there are any advantages/ disadvantages to them?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
It's impossible to determine the scaling of new courses. Scaling is determined by the performance of the candidature for that subject and if no one has done it yet, then no scaling statistics can be made.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Is this a language course for students with Japanese heritage? Because if it is, then I assume there will be a lot of high raw marks, which I assume will reduce the effects of scaling...

projectarms

HSC
Is this a language course for students with Japanese heritage? Because if it is, then I assume there will be a lot of high raw marks, which I assume will reduce the effects of scaling...
does this mean it scales bad? cause ithought the good thing about languages was that they had good sclaing.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I will repeat myself again,

It's impossible to determine the scaling of new courses. Scaling is determined by the performance of the candidature for that subject and if no one has done it yet, then no scaling statistics can be made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)