Questions about the Bachelor of Political, Economic and Social Sciences (B.P.E.S.S) (1 Viewer)

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
(1) Since this course replaced the Bachelor of Economic and Social Sciences degree and is a new course, should I use last years cut-off for the old degree as an indicator of the new degree's cut-off?

(2) I went to the flexible pathways site at Usyd, and tried to see if I would get bonus points for the degree. The site told me to contact a certain person to see if I would get bonus points. I emailed them and then they referred me back to the flexible pathways site... <_< So, does anyone know if I can still get bonus points even though this is a new course? I got 89.25, band sixes in English Adv and Legal and E3 in Extension English, if that helps. The old degree's cut-off was 91.2 (IIRC)

(3) In the old degree, you could do majors from the business and economics faculty. Is this still the case for B.P.E.S.S?

Sorry for being majorly confusing! :p Thanks for your help :spin:

KarmaKitten

HSC
Re: Questions about the Bachelor of Political, Economic and Social Sciences (B.P.E.S.

(1) Since this course replaced the Bachelor of Economic and Social Sciences degree and is a new course, should I use last years cut-off for the old degree as an indicator of the new degree's cut-off?

(2) I went to the flexible pathways site at Usyd, and tried to see if I would get bonus points for the degree. The site told me to contact a certain person to see if I would get bonus points. I emailed them and then they referred me back to the flexible pathways site... <_< So, does anyone know if I can still get bonus points even though this is a new course? I got 89.25, band sixes in English Adv and Legal and E3 in Extension English, if that helps. The old degree's cut-off was 91.2 (IIRC)

(3) In the old degree, you could do majors from the business and economics faculty. Is this still the case for B.P.E.S.S?

Sorry for being majorly confusing! :p Thanks for your help :spin:
In regards to question 3, according to the handbook, you can do majors from the Economics faculty.

syekotk

HSC
Re: Questions about the Bachelor of Political, Economic and Social Sciences (B.P.E.S.

I went to the lecture for it at info day and they said they expected the cutoff to be ~93

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC

Thanks for that guys. :) Hopefully, I still have a chance of getting in.

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC

In regards to question 3, according to the handbook, you can do majors from the Economics faculty.
Actually, I read the handbook and it said that you can do studies in Economics... is that the major of economics or the entire economics faculty? I really would like to do a major from the business and economics faculty if possible...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)