Questions - Baulkham Trial Paper (1 Viewer)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Screen Shot 2023-10-14 at 10.40.49 pm.png
How do you do part (ii) and (iii) please?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
View attachment 40539
How do you do part (ii) and (iii) please?
they should have solutions..
i did this paper a while ago tho:
ii) is just the identity where modulus square is the complex and the complex conjugate multiplied and then u get that basically. (PAk is the same as AkP so u get P - Ak which is Z - wk)
iii) u need to sum it and then expand to get each quadratic z thing and simply it and it yields the answer

scaryshark09

HSC
Screen Shot 2023-10-14 at 10.45.26 pm.png
for part (iv), i did the intgration without bounds and did the plus c thing, and then subed values in to find c. In this case it didn't work. Can someone explain why you have to integrate with bounds for part (iv), or is there something i am missing?

scaryshark09

HSC
ii) is just the identity where modulus square is the complex and the complex conjugate multiplied and then u get that basically. (PAk is the same as AkP so u get P - Ak which is Z - wk)
ive either never heard of this identity or forgot about it. is it in the cambrige textbook?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
ive either never heard of this identity or forgot about it. is it in the cambrige textbook?
Its apparently something ppl always manage to forget in 4u. similar to that triangle inequality thingo (NOTE I DONT MEAN THE IDENTITY IS RELATED TO IT, IM SIMPLY SAYING THAT ITS AS FORGOTTEN AS THE TRIANGLE INEQUALITY)

scaryshark09

HSC
Screen Shot 2023-10-14 at 10.48.55 pm.png
for part (ii), i think the answer is pretty self-explanatory as Ar <= Br. but how do you even prove it, the solutions kinda just stated it

scaryshark09

HSC
View attachment 40541
for part (iv), i did the intgration without bounds and did the plus c thing, and then subed values in to find c. In this case it didn't work. Can someone explain why you have to integrate with bounds for part (iv), or is there something i am missing?
dw about this i just made a mistake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)