• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Questions for Byron Bay Experts (1 Viewer)

helloyo

Hi,

We have just booked out a nice big house in Suffolk beach at byron, but i just want to know a few things.

I know that buses seem to be pretty regular during the day, how much are they? Can you get like a week pass to save hassles?

How much is booze? For example from bottle-o's and at say, cheeky monkeys? Im mainly interested in beer.

Do many schoolies people stay at suffolk park?

How much money would you recommend bringing? I'm a heavy drinker...

How long is the walk from the middle of town to suffolk park? its 6km, but i have no idea how hilly it is...

Is Nimbin all its cracked up to be? As in, within a few minutes of walking in will you be offered weed?

Thanks guys. I can't wait.

roadcone

HSC
to walk from suffolk to byron centre its a pretty long walk, flat, but long... it wood take u i reckon a good 40 minutes to get there, give or take a bit..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
booze in byron is mid-range, like nothing overly pricey but not cheap either.

actually i take that back, the cocktails at the beach hotel are pretty high in terms of $$ but if you're just drinking beer should be ok.

it's not hard to find weed in byron. like it's not like anyone's going to walk up to you and offer you a cone but if you ask around you should be able to get some numbers to call. some locals will try and rip you off... don't let them.

my number 1 tip re:food - do NOT go to the mexican place

HSC
We are going to Byron for Schoolies, we are pretty much right next to the town though. I heard that the booze prices are hiked up during schoolies, so my friend is getting his mates ute and packing the back with alot of beer and driving it up htere.

Jopet

Old Fart
HSC
I live about 10 minutes from Byron. Suffolk is quite a walk, but yeah..quite flat.
Buses are very regular, they are pretty cheap depending on how far you want to go. I have no idea if you can get week passes, though. Booze is pretty average price..if you wander around there are loads of people giving out free drink slips too. I think the price of drinks go up during schoolies though, in clubs. I'm actually going to Surfers, not Byron...but when I get back (going the 1st week) I'll probably by hanging out there. Nimbin isn't that easy, but it's alright. You can get it in Byron, too..if you ask around.

Last edited:

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
i can guarantee u if u go 2 nimbin, u WILL be offered to buy weed, cos no doubt u will look like a tourist

drinks are expensive out (beer is always cheaper tho)...as it is in any other club or pub...

u can walk to town from suffolk, but it wills take u between 30-45mins

bus will cost u about $2spending money, if ur a "heavy drinker" no less than $500...i would recommend as much as possible, cos u will probably want 2 go shopping n do other sutff...

keep the town tidy...

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
glycerine said:
booze in byron is mid-range, like nothing overly pricey but not cheap either.

actually i take that back, the cocktails at the beach hotel are pretty high in terms of $$ but if you're just drinking beer should be ok.

it's not hard to find weed in byron. like it's not like anyone's going to walk up to you and offer you a cone but if you ask around you should be able to get some numbers to call. some locals will try and rip you off... don't let them.

my number 1 tip re:food - do NOT go to the mexican place

of course the "locals" will rip them off, everyone always rips off schoolies, especially kids who wont say anything back to them...last schoolies i sold mixed herbs to some little boy, and the next day i seen him...and he told me how "totally awesome" my brew was :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)