Questions for my trial. HELP (1 Viewer)

jonjoony

HSC
My teacher gave us these dot points on what is in our exam. Ive covered most of them but i'm left with some im not 100% sure on. Can someone please help me. It will be greatly appreciated :)

• Nuclear Reactors
  • Bromine Test
  • Treatment of Wastewater
  • Esterification
  • Production of Transuranic elements.
My trials is tomrrow lol. This help will be awesome :confused: Thank you

sam5

HSC
My teacher gave us these dot points on what is in our exam. Ive covered most of them but i'm left with some im not 100% sure on. Can someone please help me. It will be greatly appreciated :)

• Nuclear Reactors
  • Bromine Test
  • Treatment of Wastewater
  • Esterification
  • Production of Transuranic elements.
My trials is tomrrow lol. This help will be awesome :confused: Thank you
Im not sure what there would be about nuclear reactors. All i think u would need to know is that they bombard uranium 238 with neutrons to make isotopes of americium, neptunium and plutonium. u will need reuations for those; theyre not hard to find or remember.

The bromine test is just about putting bromine water (its red - brown) into 2 test tubes and getting cyclohexane and cyclohexene or hexane and hexene into the 2 tubes. The solution in the tube with the alkene will decolourise, because of the reactivity of the double bond in the alkene. A reaction of cyclohexene and bromine water would look something like this.

C6H10 + Br2 + H2O --> C6H10BrOH + HBr

Treatment of wastewater can come through microscopic membrane filters (which remove solids, dissolved solids, ions, bacteria, ...), chlorinaion to kill microbes, filtration to remove rocks and twigs, flocculation (by adding alluminium hydroxide to coagulate fine dissolved particles), sand filtering and/or adding sulfuric acid to break down organic matter.

Esterification is done by having a reaction between an alkanol and an alkanoic acid to produce an ester and water. Reflux is used so it is safer, no voltaile gasses can escape and so that hotter temps can be used. Concentrated sulfuric acid is used to dehydrate the produced water and sway equilirbium to the yield.

Transuranics are elements greater than 92. Pu, Np and Am are made in a reactor but others such as curium are made by firing B, He or C atoms at uranium in a particle accellerator.

now that ive types all that out, why r u doin this when ur HSC is next year?

jonjoony

HSC
Well! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!

and i'm doing Pathway thingy. 2 years in 1. I finished year 11 in 13 weeks i think then started year 12.

However i only do three subjects
Physics
Chemistry
English

And next year i do
Biology
Extension Math
Music

So i do Half my HSC this year, the other next year. :)

sam5

HSC
^^^ interesting...

my school is starting that type of structure next year, but im glab that ill be gone by the time it comes into place cos i dont think id like it. Me and my english teacher would be drawing guns to each other if i had that type of learning.

Do u think its any good?

jonjoony

HSC
Worst possible thing. Finished year 11 in 13 weeks. I dont even remember doing it. It's rushed cause theres a timelimit for everything. You cant go back and revise something. For physics I have to do my trial exam and we havnt even finished Quantum Topic 4.

+ i get 4 periods a day its usually like
Chemistry [1st]
Chemistry[2nd]
Physics [3rd]
Physics [3rd]

+ No Free periods

+ One of the days i have 4 Periods of english... Can it suck anymore :)

So my answer is it sucks :D but it's a good experience cause if i did any mistakes in 'Studying' for the HSC i can make it up for next year while i do the other half :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)