Questions for religion & peace (1 Viewer)

all4gsus

HSC
i dont reckon we're going to get any practice questions, or not many this year, cause it's a new course.... but i'm so stuffed for religion and peace, i have no idea what we did... and we've finisehd it! got an assesment on it next week, so if anyone has any notes or anything, they'd be much appreciated... i have one double sided sheet she gave in class and nothing else.... oh, sounds like fun. :)

littlehoges

HSC
the good thing with religion is that they can't really stray from the dot point or twist it. So as long as you know how to answer the dot points you'll be right.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I think this question was from the independent 2007: "Outline the principal teachings about peace in TWO religious traditions. Discuss how these teachings are evident in the individual's question for inner peace".

A question that I made myself (which is basically the most complex question that the HSC can ask, directly from the syllabus) is:
"Analyse the principal teachings about peace in TWO religious traditions, discussing and assessing how these teachings are evident in their contributions to world and inner peace, and to what extent their effectiveness situates."

rocbot

HSC
religion and peace is very confusing because there are so many examples you can use

fatimab

HSC
heyy this is a practsie question i had for an assignment n was the question in the 07 specimen paper for religion

For each of TWO religious traditions, identify a sacred text and explain how that text guides individuals in their quest for inner peace.
Hope it helps​

Tuke B

HSC
N/A
yeah im totally freaking out about this section of the exam hey. ive had trouble with this all year.
have gone crappy in religiona and peace related stuff. would anyone have like an essay structure or something for islam and christianity cause... im just don't get what i need to put in there.
arggh
your help would be much appreciated.
xx

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
take the syllabus points and work backwards

ie the end goal = world peace

how are two religions working towards this goal ? ie how do individuals within a tradition work towards world peace?

what religious teachings influence the individual to work towards peace (from two religions)

What writings influence the traditions notion of peace and how is peace understood within the tardition?

Questions have to come from the syllabus and *should* flow into each other
ie if the Q/ is on the last point (discuss how two traditions are contributing to world pace), you should work your way through the first three points to get to the last point!

Hopefully the Q/ wont be on the first point. If it is, I would still work your way through all of the points but make the first point your focus

HTH

glowstick

HSC
yeh but thats the problem - the board knows what we are expecting and will probably do something completley different - pain in the arse to study for - so much else to remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)