questions on BBus at UTS (1 Viewer)

HSC
hello all. i've taken an interest in BBus at UTS and would love to hear the opinions of current UTS students on a few different subjects.

general questions
  • which majors are the best options in terms of employability?
  • what is the workload like?
cadetships

i did a search through the uts business website but only got listings for the bachelor of accounting. does BBus offer the opportunity of doing a cadetship? if so:
  • when does one apply for a cadetship?
  • do you have to do a specific major or do all majors offer this opportunity?
  • what are the admissions requirements?

if anyone could answer any of these questions i'd be really greatful, it sounds like a great degree but i'd be interested to hear that first hand :)

Last edited:

Wildberries

HSC
Hey I just finished BBus at UTS, I did accounting major and a management Submajor, employability is the moset important factor... I got a job 2 days after my final exams... accounting is a good major its lots of work but the rewards will come!! THe teachers are really good, they know so much about what they're teaching especially audit and fsa and mdc.. good luck and I hope u enjoy ur time at UTS if you choose it :)

HSC
thankyou for your help :) it's very reassuring to hear from a student, i read somewhere that about 60% of graduates get employment almost straight out of uni but i wasn't sure how old those stats were.

so it looks like uts is the best option for me, i'm just worried about what majors to choose. marketing, management and advertising&promotions management are areas of interest to me. it seems like accounting would be the best choice in terms of employment, i just don't know how i'd go in that program.

anyone know about graduate outcomes for marketing and advertising&promotions or something similar?

layzeehbum

HSC
Hmmm, during your first year, you'll be doing core subjects anyway, to at least get an idea of what the subjects are like - then from that decide on which major you wanna take =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)