questions on unsw medicine!!! (1 Viewer)

pink668

HSC
hi, i've heard about people downloading lectures off webCT... i've taken a look around but so far, i can only find ilectures. today in our 1st lecture, the lecturer said that we could find the powerpoint slides, lecture notes etc on webCT etc, so where would i be able to find it? and is it useful to print that stuff off before actual lectures, having a brief skim through?
thanks!

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
pink668 said:
hi, i've heard about people downloading lectures off webCT... i've taken a look around but so far, i can only find ilectures. today in our 1st lecture, the lecturer said that we could find the powerpoint slides, lecture notes etc on webCT etc, so where would i be able to find it? and is it useful to print that stuff off before actual lectures, having a brief skim through?
thanks!
Lecture notes and powerpoint slides are located in the same place as the iLecture links, i.e.:

https://vista.elearning.unsw.edu.au/webct/logonDisplay.dowebct

WebCT Vista Home --> Course page (e.g. MFAC 1501 Foundations) --> Scenario Learning Materials --> Lecture/Activity name

Sometimes lecturers are slow to post up lecture slides and sometimes they wont do it at all (on the odd occasion they won't even use slides in the first place). In the case where they have slides but don't post them you can always email them and request for them to post the slides on WebCT if you really want access to the info on them (which is fairly reasonable if you miss the lecture or something). I wouldn't expect lecture notes to be a frequent thing, most lecturers don't provide them. While printing lecture slides prior to a lecture can be useful it's not necessary and, more to the point, won't be possible most of the time since, going by my experience, most lecture slides are posted up after the fact - the ones being posted up before fall into the minority. I hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)