questions plz help me :D (1 Viewer)

rhia

salty
HSC
totallybord said:
by lessons in the holz i was looking at the unsw institute of lang and they had summer programs and i just assumed that it was lessons in holz and u have to pay and stuff? or is that what lottox was talking abt extra curricular programs?
you asked about university courses regarding japanese interpretation... not 'lessons in the holz'. i don't believe at any university there are summer programs run for year 11/12 students of languages, but then again i'm not searching.

totallybord

HSC
umm i heard that there r electives in uni? i thought you just do your course that you chose to get in like medicine etc or is it like high shcool with different subjects and electives?

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Different courses are structured differently. Say, you did a course like optometry, the structure would be fixed (the subjects you enrol in each semester are set by the faculty) and you wouldn't have any space in your degree to fit electives in.
There are other courses like commerce, arts, science, social science... that allow you to take electives. In commerce, you can also choose to co-major in japanese.

dongypro

HSC
Gurai is for things

ikutsu desuka ? (how much is it)
sen hyaku doru gurai desu
its around 1100$

its like koto and mono .. same difference

goro is for time.. san ji goro..

totallybord

HSC
hi,
i have a q concerning the ~te mimasu , to try to do soemthing
like when you say i will try to eat my bread and drink my tea, can you say
- pan wo tabete ocha wo nonde mimasu or do you say
pan wo tabete mite ocha wo nonde mimasu.
thank you

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
totallybord said:
hi,
i have a q concerning the ~te mimasu , to try to do soemthing
like when you say i will try to eat my bread and drink my tea, can you say
- pan wo tabete ocha wo nonde mimasu or do you say
pan wo tabete mite ocha wo nonde mimasu.
thank you
you can use ~te mimasu along with the ~tari ~tari form

eg.
pan wo tabetari ocha wo nondari shitemimasu.

totallybord

HSC
hi
i havent had time to write for a long time but i have more questions:D
1) is dekakeru a verb of motion...
like if i say koohii o kai ni dekakemasu. is that rite? and is the place followed by ni if u used dekakemasu?
2) is it konpuutaa o shimasu?
3) and why is it that for some durations u dun need kan...is that the custom ? i no for min u dun need kan but...
an san wa ichinen nihon ni imashita.
4) and if u say "i've heard lots about her"
u wld just say : kanojo no koto o takusan kikimashita rite?
u wldnt use the sou desu pattern rite?
5) if u say
watashi no uchi to tomodachi no uchi ga blah blah...
u can say watashi no uchi to tomoodachi no ga blah blah
or is it the other way round... like watachi no to tomodachi no uchi ga...
6) if u say only this and that...
u can say something to soemthign shika....neg. rite? or is shika only reserved for only one thing?
if u use dake u can say soemthing to soemthing dake rite?
7) why not some na adj have no na beofre a noun?
eg. onaji gakkou? and i saw this sentence where the adj weren't connected either ...
ok if someone can kindly untangle these probs for me i will gladly appreciate it :D thank you

CieL

HSC
totallybord said:
hi
like if i say koohii o kai ni dekakemasu. is that rite? and is the place followed by ni if u used dekakemasu?
3) and why is it that for some durations u dun need kan...is that the custom ? i no for min u dun need kan but...
5) if u say
u can say something to soemthign shika....neg. rite? or is shika only reserved for only one thing?
eg. onaji gakkou? and i saw this sentence where the adj weren't connected either ...
ok if someone can kindly untangle these probs for me i will gladly appreciate it :D thank you
Ohhh... I dont understand half of what you're saying...

1. Dekakeru is like.. "to go out"... and then your example says coffee?
2. I've always used "Konpyuuta wo tsukau"... to literaly USE it...
3. Kan... I'll give you an example: "Ichiji kan" = One hour; "Ichiji" = 1 o'clock
4. "-sou desu" means "seem/looks like".... why would you put it in with that?
5. What are you trying to say here?
6. I dont know if shika is only for one thing.... but if you could just say one thing I dont see why you'd want to say anymore than you need to lol
"Dake"= only.... you can say "one only" right? You dont need something to something....
7. I didnt know "onaji" was a na adj

But yeah, I wouldnt rely on this.. It's sorta gut instinct.. I haven't done jap in like 2.5yrs =]

totallybord

HSC
Re: plz plz plz help questions plz help me :D

hi,
thanks ciel but i think that ur japanese has become dormant for so long but thank u anyway:D
as for question 7) i have a better example from the wakatta textbook pg 83. the fourth last sentence says:
jinja de iroiro na mezurashii dashimono o shitari shimasu.
i guess i shld rephrase my question and ask why the na adj (iroiro) does not connect to mezurashii with de?
much appreciated thank u

HSC
totallybord said:
hi
5) if u say
1. i would use particle 'o' for dekakemasu. to have your sentence make sense try adding something like "koohii o kaitai dakara dekakemasu" (because i want to buy coffee im going out)

2. konpyutaa o shimasu is fine, but tsukimasu (use) is better to use

4. soo desu also means like reported information, like "tomodachi wa nihon ni iku soo desu" <- apparently my friend is going to the beach. i dont think you can use that structure in the context you want to. what you said is more correct than soo desu pattern but im not exactly sure what is correct, sorry :eek:

5. yeah got no idea what youre trying to say.

7. yeah onaji is a na adjective but onaji is an exception, not the rule. its probably just harder to say. i duno its the same with english, science should be spelt sceince (i before e except after c) but its just an exception.

im a bit rusty too even tho i did it last year :eek:

P

pLuvia

Re: plz plz plz help questions plz help me :D

totallybord said:
hi,
thanks ciel but i think that ur japanese has become dormant for so long but thank u anyway:D
as for question 7) i have a better example from the wakatta textbook pg 83. the fourth last sentence says:
jinja de iroiro na mezurashii dashimono o shitari shimasu.
i guess i shld rephrase my question and ask why the na adj (iroiro) does not connect to mezurashii with de?
much appreciated thank u
Iroiro is "various" something, so when describing something using na adjectives you include the na at the end eg kirei na mono etc. But since mezurashii dashimono is ONE thing - treat it like one word. So that's why it's iroiro na mezurashii dashimono and not using the de. Does that make sense?

So using that example I said,
kirei na mono
kirei is a the adjective and mono is the thing you are describing

With,
iroiro na mezurashii dashimono
iroiro is the adjective and "mezurashii dashimono" is the object you are describing

Hope that helps

totallybord said:
hi
i havent had time to write for a long time but i have more questions
5) if u say
ok if someone can kindly untangle these probs for me i will gladly appreciate it thank you
1) That's right, so what you meant there was "I'm going out to buy coffee" or you could say koohii wo kai ni iku - "I'm going to buy coffee"
2) You could say that or what Ciel said
4) There's a structure for hearing something, check it up in wakkatta I'm sure it's there (I've forgotten what the word is :))
5) What are you trying to say here? My house and my friend's house...?
6) Shika is like dake, but if you use shika it will be a double negative which puts more emphasis the "only". So the structure would be shika + negative form. eg Mark kun ha nihongo shika hansanai - Mark "ONLY" speaks japanese
7) I haven't heard of using onaji then an object, I've only seen it as the ending i.e. blah blah + onaji desu. But I've explained a bit more on 7) above

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)