QUESTIONS - regarding UNI (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Hey guys, (appreciate it if you can offer some advice)
I got some concerns regarding accommodation, i looked at a townhouse in taranto road marsfield, taranto road is very near to the uni but on the map the uni is soooooo big i dont have any clue how people access uni do you walk all around campus all day if you dont have a car?? are buildings very wide spread? where exactly is SIBT located on and is the library and gym far apart?

Are there shortcuts from Taranto Road to Macq Uni station?? it takes near 35mins by walking approx 2kms!! which is quite a fair distance to walk after working for 12-14 hour shifts and especially after waking up at 4-5am for work (2 days a week)

I am considering taking a room in chatswood, for $200/week but $50 a week is quite a fair amount especially having to pay $26 in train tickets alone with no foxtel.

How is the area in Marsfield? Is it a dangerous area to walk around at night?

General questions regarding uni, how much is the gym membership? What facilities does it give access too for the membership is it contract or month to month? anyone have any experience with the M.A.A.S.H gym?

Last question, how is the uni food on campus? is it expensive? say how much for a average meal? i probably will be using the campus cafes/restaurants quite a bit at least once-twice a day but i am very concerned the price might be ridiculous say $15 for a small meal, just no local restaurants around the area.

I appreciate any help, thanks!!

blackrider89

HSC
Hey guys, (appreciate it if you can offer some advice)
I got some concerns regarding accommodation, i looked at a townhouse in taranto road marsfield, taranto road is very near to the uni but on the map the uni is soooooo big i dont have any clue how people access uni do you walk all around campus all day if you dont have a car?? are buildings very wide spread? where exactly is SIBT located on and is the library and gym far apart?

Are there shortcuts from Taranto Road to Macq Uni station?? it takes near 35mins by walking approx 2kms!! which is quite a fair distance to walk after working for 12-14 hour shifts and especially after waking up at 4-5am for work (2 days a week)

I am considering taking a room in chatswood, for $200/week but $50 a week is quite a fair amount especially having to pay $26 in train tickets alone with no foxtel.

How is the area in Marsfield? Is it a dangerous area to walk around at night?

General questions regarding uni, how much is the gym membership? What facilities does it give access too for the membership is it contract or month to month? anyone have any experience with the M.A.A.S.H gym?

Last question, how is the uni food on campus? is it expensive? say how much for a average meal? i probably will be using the campus cafes/restaurants quite a bit at least once-twice a day but i am very concerned the price might be ridiculous say $15 for a small meal, just no local restaurants around the area.

I appreciate any help, thanks!!
Just walk around the campus. I rarely see one driving on the campus, even on a bike.
40 bucks/month last year. May increase now.

No, not quite dangerous but if u don't have any things 2 involve, simply don't be on the street after 10. Reasonable?

A good meal (2 me) at Macquarie Shopping Centre is around 9-10 bucks. HJ's is 5-6...In the evening u can get a special box (of rice, meat, vegetable...) 4 only 5 bucks, or even 5 bucks for 2 boxes (of sauce noodle or fried rice). Not very expensive. Food on campus is normally more expensive and no special deal in the evening.

200 bucks/week 4 a room in Chatswood is quite expensive. One at MQ student village is around 180 and u don't have 2 pay for transportation.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Just walk around the campus. I rarely see one driving on the campus, even on a bike.
40 bucks/month last year. May increase now.

No, not quite dangerous but if u don't have any things 2 involve, simply don't be on the street after 10. Reasonable?

A good meal (2 me) at Macquarie Shopping Centre is around 9-10 bucks. HJ's is 5-6...In the evening u can get a special box (of rice, meat, vegetable...) 4 only 5 bucks, or even 5 bucks for 2 boxes (of sauce noodle or fried rice). Not very expensive. Food on campus is normally more expensive and no special deal in the evening.

200 bucks/week 4 a room in Chatswood is quite expensive. One at MQ student village is around 180 and u don't have 2 pay for transportation.
All meals at the thai place are $5 after 4

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
sweet reply, i appreciate it.

Taranto Road to Maquarie Shopping Centre/Train station is too much of a walk i think or are there shortcuts i dont know of? What time does the restaurants close like 9pm? $5 is tooooo cheap, lol that must be specials for poor students like me *yes* :angel:

I was really considering MQ student village because is just so much better, but i am afraid they need all the payment in advance *i think*. Well, i am afraid i dont know what the future holds for me, because one of my intention is to hopefully get a new girlfriend in uni and perhaps a rent a room together or move out hopefully with some new friends i might meet.

blackrider89

HSC
sweet reply, i appreciate it.

Taranto Road to Maquarie Shopping Centre/Train station is too much of a walk i think or are there shortcuts i dont know of? What time does the restaurants close like 9pm? $5 is tooooo cheap, lol that must be specials for poor students like me *yes* :angel:

I was really considering MQ student village because is just so much better, but i am afraid they need all the payment in advance *i think*. Well, i am afraid i dont know what the future holds for me, because one of my intention is to hopefully get a new girlfriend in uni and perhaps a rent a room together or move out hopefully with some new friends i might meet.
There 're heaps of rooms near MQ (in fact, just opposite MQ shopping centre) for 180. Or even a Master room 4 200 bucks. Sure u can share with a chick (rofl). Just check the ads at both MQ and SIBT.

If u study late, just buy a $5 box (enough 4 a normal bloke, not a wrester lol) and when u finish, u the Microwave...I'm not sure if there was any food store opening after 9pm. I normally buy 2 for $5 buck ones, then get home and add some more meat...and have a good meal :angel:.

Or a good room in Eastwood costs around 140-150. Food there is awesome with many Chinese and Korean restaurants (9-10 bucks for a yummy meal). I used to live there.

http://www.studyconnect.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19367

To me this one is rather good 2.

Last edited:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Sounds like you lived out for fair amount of time.

If you dont mind can you estimate how much it will cost to live out of home? i've got $390 as a budget (after saving $50 for a home deposit).

I haven't lived out for two years,

i decided to just rent a room for now, and see what happens in few months once i settle down. Marsfield should do for now, only 1km to uni library/gym and 2km to things i need according to whereis.com.au, i already walk 1km to the train station so hopefully i have enough energy to walk another km after a long hard shift.

Who knows maybe i will love the area?? even though it is little quiet but i guess perfect for studying :lol:

Hopefully i can find some cash in hand job near uni (doubt it, because most jobs only offer taxed jobs or cash in hand at ridiculous hourly wage or small hours like cleaning) need to travel 2 hours x 2 = 4 hours each shift :evilfire:

blackrider89

HSC
Sounds like you lived out for fair amount of time.

If you dont mind can you estimate how much it will cost to live out of home? i've got $390 as a budget (after saving $50 for a home deposit).

I haven't lived out for two years,

i decided to just rent a room for now, and see what happens in few months once i settle down. Marsfield should do for now, only 1km to uni library/gym and 2km to things i need according to whereis.com.au, i already walk 1km to the train station so hopefully i have enough energy to walk another km after a long hard shift.

Who knows maybe i will love the area?? even though it is little quiet but i guess perfect for studying :lol:

Hopefully i can find some cash in hand job near uni (doubt it, because most jobs only offer taxed jobs or cash in hand at ridiculous hourly wage or small hours like cleaning) need to travel 2 hours x 2 = 4 hours each shift :evilfire:
Marsfield would be fine 4 u. 170-180/week is a normal rate.

Btw, I'm an overseas guy so I just have 2 live out :angel:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)